Secret Love - Corey x Shelby

Most people knew that Shelby was Ross' cousin. Every once in a while she would come into the offices to hang with him. But Shelby, much to her great guilt, she didn't always come to see her cousin. She'd been coming to the offices far more often than usual to see her secret boyfriend. A certain editor named Corey.

Corey smiled and winked at her as she walked past with Ross and Max. Shelby smiled and gave a small wave in return. Her stomach and heart fluttered with a million butterflies every time she saw him. Shelby felt like a schoolgirl with a crush all over again. It made her feel prissy and girly and stupid, but at the same time overjoyed. Why would she be unhappy? She had a loving boyfriend and a wonderful group of friends. She had no reason to be upset.

Shelby spent a few hours recording GTA and Minecraft with the guys and then went out to lunch with them. Time seemed to drag on and on and on. Sure, spending time with the guys was nice! Nothing wrong with them! It's just that she was very impatient to see her boyfriend.

Finally, they went home. "Shelby, I'll give you a ride back to the apartment." Ross said, jingling his keys. Shelby shook her head quickly. "Nah! I'm going to stay behind!" She squeaked in her high pitched voice. "I have some stuff to get! I'll get someone else to drive me home."

Ross shrugged and walked off with Max hand and hand towards the powder blue car they shared with Tim Tim. Shelby waved and smiled as they drove away from the offices, exiting the parking lot and disappearing down the street. As soon as they were or of sight, Shelby turned quickly and dashed back to the office. Running as quickly as she could up the stairs and to Corey's station.

"Woah!" He chuckled as Shelby fell into his lap, exhausted and out of breath. "Hey there!"

"Hey." She groaned, burying her face in his arm. "I'm pooped. Can we get some food?"

Corey smiled kindly and kissed Shelby's cheek. "Anything for my number one gal."

As they drove down the street, Corey couldn't help but stare. Shelby had Chipotle in her lap and was talking and talking and talking around the burrito in her mouth. He couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful she was. Her hair slightly messy from the day's events, her teeth pearly white, the smell of her perfume. Corey savored everything about the moment, taking in the memory of her.

Suddenly, Shelby stopped talking. "Hey, are you okay? You're kinda spacing out. Wait– keep your eyes on the road! I'm precious cargo, you know!"

Corey laughed loudly, forcing himself to jerk the steering wheel to avoid running into a semi truck as he tried to catch his breath. Shelby's reaction to almost hitting the truck did not help him recover from his laughing fit. "Yeah, I know."

For a while, Corey just drove them around. Purposely choosing the places with the most traffic, wanting to buy time with Shelby. Even if he only bought a little time. Ever second with her was a treasure to be cherished and loved. Worth it's weight in gold. At least, Corey thought so.

They talked, laughed, sang along to the radio, ate Chipotle and threw the occasional kiss in there. It was a beautiful moment. Happy, innocent, full of love and sentiment. A moment both Corey and Shelby wished could have lasted forever. But alas, Corey pulled up into a parking space at Ross, Max, and Tim's apartment complex. The lovers had to say goodbye.

Though Corey was sad that she was gone as he turned his car back onto the highway, he was still happy. Happy that he got time with her in the first place. Good times, those were the moments he lived for in life. Times in the car or on the beach or in the bathroom or on his car hood. Every time. Anytime. Just time.

Time with Shelby.
===========================
This was short, but I think it was alright. People wanted some Corey and Shelby stuff. So here ya go! For you.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕