Ch. 1

So, this is book two to the Dangerous  series, if you haven't read book one I suggest you do. Many of the same characters will appear and lots of new ones. Please be aware that there will be a lot more deaths, violence and sexual content in this book so if that makes you uncomfortable then do not read. There will also be a lot of swearing in both English and in Italian. Also be aware that updates may or may or maybe not be daily depending on my work schedule, so please bare with me. Your feedback is essential for this book to turn out great and I highly appreciate it. So, with that being said, I give to you guys DANGEROUS PROMISES *clapping* *curtains opening* ACTION 😬!
__

Diyah's pov:
The crying of Luca wakes me up from the three hours of sleep I was getting. It was 7 AM in the morning and the sun was just beginning to rise, luckily we could see part of the view in our apartment.

It wasn't much or as extravagant as I'm use to  but it kept a roof over our head and rent wasn't as terrible as some places I'd seen. Plus, the area surrounding it was kid friendly and right by Luca's future daycare if I found a job.

I walk over to the crib on the other side of the room and slowly lift him up. At just 5 months he was beginning to be a handful. Constantly putting everything around him in his mouth and breaking my heart with the rate that he was growing. He was still small for a baby his age but as a mother, it hurt seeing him grow.

He wraps his small hands around my neck and let's out a whimper as his grip gets tighter. I walk over and turn on the light before finally sitting down with him.

"You got scared of the dark baby?" I ask removing my breast to feed him. "Aww, shhh, everything's okay. Mommy's got you," I coo into his ear.

He squirms in my shoulder before finally looking up at me with nothing but love and adoration. He had his father's eyes and his extremely black hair. It was growing day by day and I knew once he grew up he'd be an exact replica of him.

"Hi my sweet baby, do you know what time it is?" I ask sitting down in his rocking chair. If there was anything he loved, it was being rocked to sleep while feeding.

He gurgles something as if he understands exactly what I'm saying before reaching up for my shirt.

"Yes, that's right, it's seven in the morning and mommy had no sleep at all because she had shopping and cleaning to do," I say closing my eyes. He begins squirming and my eyes instantly open up again on instinct. "I'm sorry, it's not your fault I get no sleep," I say blowing into this face slowly.

His eyes flutter and he lets out another gurgle as if he understands my lack of sleep wasn't his fault.

I adjust my shirt and place my breast back into my shirt.

"You understand what mommy is saying, huh? You're such a smart boy," I say removing his onesie off of him. His eyes begin to slowly close as I blow onto his sweating body.

"Good boy," I say placing him back into his crib. "You're learning how to fall asleep on your own without momma's help." 

His eyes fly open and he gives me a goofy toothless smile before raising his hands up to get picked up.

"I should've seen that coming, you fell asleep waay to early last night anyways," I say reaching for him. "Let's give you a bath, maybe then you'll fall asleep. Its hot. Huh?" I ask placing him on my hip. I go get him a spare set of onesies from his closet. I pick out the blue elephant one and inhale the smell of him, he had a natural smell just like his father and at times I could've sworn I smelt his father on him.

Don't think about him.

I run the sink water to a warm temperature before undressing him and placing him in. I bring out his rubber ducky for him to play with while I lather him in baby body wash.

He begins blabbering off to be about the duck and something else as if I fully understand what he's saying.

"Oh really Luc?" He continues on and gives me shocked look before once again beginning his blabbering. Once I'm done washing him, I wrap him up in his blanket and carry him to back to our room.

I place him on his back and wrap his diaper around him. "Ma-ma-ma-da!" He squeals excitedly clapping his hands together.

"Ma-ma?" I ask putting lotion on him. He scrunches his body up before letting out a sneeze. "Bless you," I coo kissing his nose.
He fake sneezes and looks up at me waiting for my reaction. "Bless you," I say kissing his nose. He lets out a heartfelt laugh, warming my heart.

The bell brings. That was strange, ever since I've moved in the only visitor I've gotten has been Randy, my landlord and age rarely came over.

The ringing continues, gradually getting more constant until finally I go to the door.

"Who is it?"

"Open up," comes a deep voice.