Ch. 13

School .. I hate it with a passion 😭!!
__

Giovanni's pov:
"Lester show yourself you coward," I tell storming into his apartment. I knew this was where he was at, I always knew, I just didn't have it in me to ever want to kill him. But this time, this time he'd crossed a line that only God could save him from.

"I know you're in here so make it easier on the both of us, quit being such a pussy and come out," I yell. "What, you had enough balls to send someone to shoot Tonya and Jessica but not enough to show your face to me?"

"What? You came here to kill me now, is that what?" Comes his voice from behind me. "If I wanted to target someone, wouldn't it be you and not your daughter or sister?" He asks.

I turn around and we're now face to face. The amount of hatred I had for someone that was once one of my own was scary. Every chance Id ever gotten to kill him, I'd let it pass me.

Not this time. He will die or I will die today.

I reach over for the gun strapped onto my side. This was it, no more pain or suffering for anyone because of this man.

"You can't shoot me Giovanni, you know that as well as I do," he says with a smile creeping up on his face.

"Oh yeah? And what makes you think I won't?" I say pointing the gun at his chest. "One bullet to the head and you're gone but no-no, I want to see you suffer. I want to see the look in your eyes as your soul leaves this cruel body it's been forced into. So where would I shoot first? The chest, maybe a kidney since you're living on only one?" I ask moving around with the gun still in my hand.

"Wherever is best for you," he says shrugging. "Actually, go for the kidney, it might not hurt as much and it'll be a quick death but then if I'm dead how are you suppose to know who's targeting your family? You need my help."

"I don't need your help, I need you dead, I waited out too long and I'd be a fool to let you play mind games with me right now Les, don't forget who has the gun in their hand."

"You know me more than anyone Giovanni, would I ever hire anyone to do my dirt work for me? An assassin, really? Do you think I'm that pathetic to hire someone to kill fo-" his voice trails off as he looks behind me.

I turn around dropping the gun instantly. Before me stood a blonde haired women who was petite with a baby in her hand.

She stood there frozen not knowing what to do. Fear, worry, and panic was written all over her face as she looked from me to Lester and then me once again.

"Elizabeth, you're home," Lester says walking around me and to the women. Her body stiffens as he hugs her and whispers something. "This is an old friend of mine, Giovanni," he says pointing to me. "G-man this is my girlfriend Liz and our son Michael," he says wrapping his arms around Elizabeth.

She looks at me and then at the gun laying below my feet and then right back at me. "Lester, what's going on?" She asks stepping back from him.

"Nothing, everything is fine. Giovanni stopped by and brought his gun along, cop life and all," he says looking over at me.

I couldn't get my eyes off of the baby. Lester was a father.

So why would he shoot Jessica then if he's got a child of his own? That doesn't make any sense..

"I know it's hard to believe, I'm a father, he says letting out a sheepish grin. "That's why no ones seen or heard of me much lately, daddy duties come before anything else."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," I mumble. It set in perfectly well but if Lester wasn't behind it than who was?

"Is there anywhere we could catch up on?" I ask. Saying these very words sounded strange coming out of my mouth when just minutes ago I held a gun in my hand ready to rid him of the world once and for all.

"Liz do you mind?" He asks not bothering to turn his attention back to her.

She rolls her eyes and walks right past him into the room he came out of earlier making sure to slam the door on the way in.

"Gotta love white women," he says turning back to me. His eyes travel to the gun still on the ground and then back up to me. "So what're you waiting for? Pick the gun up, be a man of your words and shoot me," he says.

After no response or reaction from me he picks it up himself and hands to me. "Come on, shoot Giovanni," he growls.
"God damn it shoot me already, take me out of my f-cking misery and for once just end me!!"

Still, no reaction from me.

"Jesus f-cking Christ what's stopping you? Shoot! Shoot the bloody gun at me. Kill me!!" He says now practically yelling from the top of his lungs.

The gun falls down from my hands slumping down to the ground as do I before he joins me his breathing at an irregular pace. "I'm ready to die man, it's time," he says after a long pause.

"I've just got one question," I say finally finding my voice. "Why did you do everything you did? To Tonya, to Khloe, and to D-" my voice trails off as everything that's happened to her unfolds in my mind.

"Tonya is like a little sister to me, do you think I could ever actually do that?" He asks. "Jonathan had one task and one task only. Spook Tonya but she was with a friend and so he did what he's best at, harassing women and when neither fell for his charm he raped them," he says with a disgusted look on his face.

"If he did that, why did you trust him with Nadiyah or why did you take Jessica? Just why to everything?" I ask my head being clouded with all unanswered questions.

"I was there with Nadiyah and made sure nothing happened at all. Same thing with Jesscia. As to your last question, I did it all for you," he says looking me in the eye. "Everything that I did was to lead you to me, I knew if I came to you I'd be dead in no time especially since your men were on the look out for me."

"Lead me to you? Why? None of what you're saying makes any sense at all man," I say standing up.

"Think of it Giovanni, your sister's just been shot at along with your daughter all because of this sacred vow you took to lead the mafia, who else has to get hurt or die before you realize this isn't  what you want? That is what I've been trying to get you to understand with everything I've done but you never seemed to understand. I wouldn't hurt anyone just to get a kick out of it," he says turning towards the door Elizabeth slammed earlier. "Not when I've got so much to loose."

__

Okay so what do you think? Should Lester be trusted or not? Does what he's saying justify him doing everything he's done? Let me know!!