Ch. 34

"When you hit me, hit me like you want to hurt me," Giovanni says stepping closer to me. It seems as if we've been at this for hours. First gun handling and the proper way to hold a gun and now basic training.

"Forget who I am and just hit me like you hate me," he says charging at me. I end up hitting him and he groans with a thumb in the air.

"That's it," he says smiling. He reaches over and takes off the tank top that is now soaked in sweat and throws it to the side.

To our side, I see Elizabeth and Lester doing the same thing as us but with less ease.

"Hit me harder," Lester says to a breathless Elizabeth.

Adriana sits on the sofa with Abraham as they watch us. Neither of them say anything until finally she rises up and walks to the kitchen and comes back with two water bottles.

"That's enough training, we'll have to head out soon," she says throwing the water bottles our way. "Good work."

"I've got the tickets, your plane leaves in less than two hours. Any necessary goodbyes would be best said right now," Abraham says following Adriana.
__

"So this is it," Giovanni says letting go of my hand. "Please take care of yourself, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

"We'll be fine," Elizabeth says appearing from behind me with a small suitcase. Lester and her walk hand in hand as they approach us. "We're gonna get our boys."

"You're right," I say feeling a sudden burst of energy.

"Adriana is already there, you should leave now as well," Lester says facing Elizabeth. He pulls her into his arms before finally pulling her in for a kiss. "Take care," is all he says. "Nadiyah, you too," he says before taking Elizabeth's suitcase into the car.

"Please be careful and talk to me through Adriana's phone," Giovanni says pulling me into his arms. Our lips find each other and we share a short, sweet goodbye kiss before finally parting. "I love you."

"I love you too," I say stepping into the car. The car drives off until I can no longer see the large house or Lester and Giovanni waving outside.

"Where is Adriana?" I ask Abraham who's too lost in his own world to pay any mind to us.

Ever since the Giovanni incident, he become less rude and snobbish. I hardly heard him talk anymore and whenever he did talk, it was an order or something small.

"She's leaving in another car so that it's not so suspicious, you won't see her but do not worry, she's got her eyes on you two," he says pulling out something from his bag. It's medium size and wrapped around in paper completely.

"I hope Lester had you leave space in your suitcase," he says handing Elizabeth the item. "This is what the dealer was asking for, stuff it in your bag and don't hand it over until you've got the boys."

"What is it?" I ask.

"A bomb."

__

"I can't come into the airport with you but be safe," he says looking away. "We need you alive."

After getting our luggage checked in we immediately board the plane after having to sit next to an older white man. He looks between Elizabeth and I as if we're his lunch meal and licks his lips.

"Hello," he says turning to face us. "What brings you two beautiful ladies in to Canada?" He asks.

"Excuse me, the flight attendant just had us switch seats," says a women in front of us. She's dressed in jeans and a plain beige blouse. Her sun glasses cover most of her face.

"Damn," he says standing up.

She scoots over to the far end seat next to the window and hands me her phone. "Call Giovanni, the plane hasn't taken off yet and he wanted to clear something up with you."

"Okay," I say realizing the voice belongs to Adriana. I walk over to the restroom and dial up his number and within the first few seconds, he answers.

"D, is everything okay?" He asks with worry in his voice.

"The plane hasn't taken off yet, Adriana told me to call you," I say locking the bathroom.

"I just needed to hear your voice and to know that you're okay, that's all."

"I'm okay Gio, are you?" I ask. Ever since the night before I know for sure he hadn't gotten much sleep and he hasn't been eating much at all. I know a part of him blames himself for what happened.

"I am baby, I am," he says softly. "Please take care of yourself and don't drop your guard down, I don't know what I would do if anything were to happen to you."

"Nothing is going to happen to me," I try to say reassuringly. "While I'm here you better look for a proper ring for me, this imaginary one is wearing off," I add on attempting to lighten the mood.

I can feel him smile through the phone. "Alright, you've got a deal."

"It's time to go but I'll call you when we're off," I say into the phone. "I love you, Giovanni."

"I love you too, Nadiyah," he says before hanging up. I open the door and am face to face with a curly haired man. He is tall and his face looks anything but nice.

"I'm sorry," I say trying to make my way around him.

"You're fine," he says opening the bathroom door and stepping in. I find my seat and sit back down, handing Adriana her phone back as the plane begins to take off.

__

As we step off of the plane, I see the man from the bathroom earlier staring at me. He has a look of annoyance on his face.

Adriana walks the opposite direction of us, as Elizabeth and I head for the outside, the track phone begins to ring.

"Hello," I answer causing Adriana to stop in her tracks.

"So far so good, I suspect no one after you," he says into the phone. It irritated me how familiar his voice sounds. "There is a car parked outside waiting for you, hop in and it shall bring you to me."

"Okay," is all I say before disconnecting the phone.

"What did he say?" Elizabeth asks.

"There's a car waiting for us outside, it'll take us to him."

We walk outside and surly enough, there is a car with a heavily set man in front. He looks at us and nods before opening the door.

We sit in the car, not daring to say anything to him or ourselves. It's like that for a good twenty minutes before we finally pull into a large house. Like most houses owned by mafia men, it's beautiful.

The guy opens the door for us and takes our luggage before motioning us to follow him.

We walk in and after a flight of stairs we're brought to a room that seems to look like an office. There's a chair and a man sitting in it with his back towards us.

"You're here," he says slowly turning to face us.

My heart speeds up at the voice. It can't be.

"Please no," I whisper to myself as his face finally comes into view.

"Leo..."

__