Ch. 7

In case we had any confusions with the last chapter, Tonya is Giovanni's little sister from the beginning of the book. She went back to get her life together and just got shot on her wedding day. The story continues on from there 😊❤️.
__
Gio's pov:
Everything seemed to be going in slow motion. My voice was lost and it felt as if I was in a dream. No, a nightmare.

Dear god, please let this be a dream. Please let me wake up from this. Not my little sister, not Tonya.

Tonya crumples to the ground clutching on to her now stomach as blood oozes out changing the color of the white dress completely. Everyone standing by me moves past me running to her as I stand there unable to move or believe what just happened before me.

Then it hits me all at once.

"Someone call a doctor now," shouts an unrecognizable voice behind me.

"Tonya, look at me, you're going to me okay princess. You hear me? Nothing is going to happen to you, nothing," my father says kneeling down in front of her taking off his tuxedo jacket. "Just look at me, focus all of your attention onto me and not the pain you're feeling, an ambulance is coming right," he says putting his shirt over her stomach attempting to stop the blood flow.

"Daddy," she gasps out gripping onto his shirt. The smile that was there just a minute ago is now replaced with a pained expression that hurt me just to look at. "G-Giovanni," she says her face wet with sweat and tears. She looks from him to me and her eyes begin to get lifeless as they close. "Stay awake Tonya, don't you dare close your eyes," I order.

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't taking everything in me not to breakdown seeing Tonya shot. The very same thing I was afraid of happening had happened anyways.

This is all your fault Giovanni, someone always get hurt if you're involved in the equation.

She lets out a sigh before her eyes open once again as she stares past us. "Christopher, I'm sorry," she whispers letting out a faint smile.

"Baby, look at me, don't be sorry because-because nothing is going to happen to you. Do you hear me?" Her fiancée Christopher says, his voice cracking. "Help is on its way and you are going to be okay. Do you hear me?" He says placing her head onto his lap.

I stand up following my father to the back. "How did this happen?" He asks. When he gets no response from me he pats me on the back already knowing who's responsible. "She's going to be okay Giovanni, let's deal with it after we know she's okay." He was saying one thing but his eyes were telling another.

"Dear god, I don't ask for anything but please for this one time. Please, please, please send me a blessing or sign that everything will be okay," I say not knowing what else to say to finish it.

The sound of the ambulance and all of the local people on the beach get extremely loud through my ears and I stumble back, knocking something down along the way.

I turn around and my heart stop.

"Nadiyah?"