Ch. 84

Abraham comes back into the room and smiles up at me. Even without intending to, he looked like someone who should be on the cover of a magazine, not standing before me wanting nothing but to love me.

Me.

"Everything alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, he was asking some questions about something that happened awhile ago," he says smiling. "Meaningless to me now."

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like blood, killing, stabbing, guns, all that good stuff," he says sitting down.

"If that's the the good stuff I don't want to know what the 'bad stuff' is," I say crossing my legs.

"Whatever it is, I am no longer involved in it so why should it matter?" He asks holding my hand.

"It doesn't," I say smiling at him. "Listen, about the whole us and where we stand situation-"

"Look at me," he says lifting my chin. "I love you and I don't care if you don't feel the same way right now."

"I love you too," I say smiling.

He studies my face and chuckles. "Do you really now, Nadiyah?"

"What's so funny about that?" I ask defensively.

"Nothing funny," he says smiling. "I just didn't except you to say it so soon. So then?"

"Then what?" I ask.

"When do you want to get married?"

Married??

That was the last thing on my mind at this point.

"M-married?" I stutter.

"Yeah, let's make it official," he says standing up. "A big wedding. Somewhere fancy, like Paris. We can invite everyone. How about next month?" He says facing me. "Or even next week?"

"What?" I ask now standing up as well. "I wasn't thinking of marriage. I mean yeah maybe one day but not now. That's not what I meant! I mean sure sometime down the line."

"Like?" He asks raising his eyebrows.

"Like years from now," I say.

"Is that when you'll be over him?" He asks cornering me. "Years from now?"

"I am over him-"

"Which one of us do you think you're lying to, Nadiyah," he says bitterly. "Spare me the bs by not lying to me."

"Okay, I'm sorry," I say sighing. "I can love you," I whisper looking in his eyes. "Abraham, I will love you."

He cups my face and gently massages it before nodding his head.

"I hope you can."
__
Abraham's pov:
I stare into her eyes and knew it instantly: it would be damn near impossible for her to get over him or for her to love anyone else.

I didn't care.

The last thing I needed was Victor getting involved with his habit of guilting people into doing the right thing.

I know she isn't over him but only time can tell if she'll ever get over him. I was willing to wait.

For her.

And Luc.

There's a knock on the door and I release her.

"Come in," Nadiya says.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys were okay ," her mother says smiling at us. "I got extra blankets incase you got got cold or-"

"Or in case we though about having sex in the house?" Nadiyah asks smirking.

"No-"

"I'm not a teenager anymore, I'm a twenty three year old mother of one," she says walking towards her.

"My baby has a baby," Avery says smiling. "I'm so happy for you," she says kissing her forehead.

"I learned it from the best," Nadiayh responds smiling.

"Anyways, I'm going to take some medicine and go to bed I just wanted to tell you goodnight and you as well, Abraham," she says smiling.

"Goodnight," we both say in unison.

She closes the door behind her and I pull Nadiyah back against me.

"So where were we?" I ask.

"In my parents house?" She asks giggling.

I bite down on her neck and she shrieks.

"Abraham," she says pulling away. "My parents are here."

"So?" I ask pulling her toward me once again. "Your mother is taking medicine, Ben is probably asleep, and Luc is asleep. So," I say once again kissing her neck.

"What's stopping me from pleasuring you?"
__

"What's stopping me from pleasuring you?"__