Ch. 77

"It's a house wedding so nothing could possibly go wrong," Victor says staring at me. "Is that all you came to talk about, Nadiyah?" He asks. "Go ahead, ask whatever else you've got."

I stay quiet and he nods his head.

"I know this isn't easy for you but.. I think it's better this way. I love you like I love my Tonya and will always and regardless of who Giovanni marries. You know that, don't you?" He asks with love in his eyes.

We sit there like that, not speaking until finally he stands up and kisses my forehead.

"Get some rest, tomorrow's a big day, for Giovanni and Kat but for you as well," he whispers disappearing into the darkness.

I sit there and as if on cue, my eyes begin to water.

This was really happening. Giovanni and Kat were getting married in less than a couple hours and afterwards, he would be all hers.

Not mine.

I was loosing the man that I loved and I couldn't do a single thing about it. He didn't love me anymore.

I wipe my tears once I hear footsteps coming my way.

"Get some rest, Nadiyah," Victor says still standing in the dark. "And please stop crying."

He disappears once again and I find myself walking up the stairs once again.

I sit on the ground and see Luc's tuxedo hanging next to his crib.

He was going to be a ring bearer.

Theirs.

He was suppose to be ours.

I pick up the tux and stare back at Luc as he sleeps soundlessly and then suddenly his eyes pop open and he sits right up staring right back at me.

"Hi," I say reaching for him out of his crib. "You're awake. Did you know that mommy needed someone to cuddle with?"

I curl into the bed with him by my side and the sound of his gurgles put me to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of commotion everywhere and slowly sit up as Luc continues to turn due to the noise.

I put the cover over him and opens his eyes against my touch.

"Bath time," I say picking him up and placing him in the bath. After a 10 minute bath, I dry him off and lather him in lotion.

I put his tuxedo on him and a smile comes over my face at how cute he looks. It fit him just perfect.

I walk down the stairs and see Elizabeth with Micheal in her hold as well.

"Awwww, he looks so cute!" She says looking at Luc.

"So does Micheal," I say smiling. "Is Victor around?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think I saw him and Abraham in the living room," she says setting Micheal down. "Can you walk him over to Victor?" She asks looking behind her. "I have yet to find his tie."

Before I can respond, she's gone.

I walk over and their backs face me as they're engaged in small conversation. In all black, Abraham turns around and I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked. His hair was sleeked back and only made him look more handsomely devilish.