Ch. 40

"Found him," Santiago says from his computer.

"That fast?" I ask walking over to him. "Wow, Giovanni was right, you are good."

"So this is where Leo should be at?" I ask looking at the map.

"Amongst these three," he says pointing to the map. "This was his birthplace," he says pointing to the first location. "This is the burial place for his father and son," he says pointing to the second spot. "And I do not know where this is."

"Okay, thank you," I say takin the map from him.

"Can I ask what this is for?" He says returning back to the computer.

"No, I'm sorry but please don't tell Giovanni that I had you do this," I say. "This has to stay a secret between the two of us."

He nods slowly and opens his mouth to speak before shutting it again.

"That means I cannot tell Lester," he says softly.

"No," I say quickly. As quick as Giovanni was to figuring things out, Lester was insanely quicker and if he were to find out then I know he would stop me no matter what.

But I had to do this.

To protect the man I love and my family. If I ever lost him, my life would never be the same again. I would loose my soulmate and the father of my children.

I was going to kill Leo no matter what it took. I had to.

I walk into our room and find Giovanni laid out across the bed with Luc sleeping next to him.

"Are you up?" I ask.

"Yeah, I just can't move," he says.

"Why is it your kidney?? Should I call the doctor?!" I ask reaching for my phone.

"No, it's Luc. If I move he'll wake up," he says softly. "What's up?"

"I want to take a vacation," I say carefully thinking of what to say next.

"Okay sure, where should we go?" He asks.

"Um," I say feeling my heart race. "I was thinking just me."

"What?" He asks turning around.

Luc begins to cry and he scoops him into his arms before sitting up. "What do you mean you want to go just you?"

"With everything that's been going on..I just need some time to ponder everything," I say.

He shakes his head. "Absolutely not."

"Giovanni please, I need this for me."

"Seriously? With everything that has been going on with Leonardo, it's too dangerous," he says shaking his head. "No Nadiyah."

"Because of everything going on," I explain. "Because of that, I need time away from it all. Babe, please try to understand where I'm coming from," I say holding onto his hand.

"It just isn't safe, Leo could strike at anytime."

Good. That's exactly what I wanted.

"And when he does, I want to be there for you, Luc, and the baby," he says reaching for my hand. "Do you understand where I am coming from?" He asks.

"Yes but you have to understand where I am coming from," I say handing my hand to him. "I just want time away from all of this."

"Nadiyah," he says staring into my eyes.
"Is this another way for you to leave me?" He asks seriously.

"What? No," I say shocked. "Why would I leave you?" I ask.

"You've done it before," he says softly.

"That's uncalled for," I say removing my hand from his. "Is that all you see?"

"Look, I'm sorry," he says shaking his head. "That isn't what I meant."

"Sure," I say swinging my feet over the bed.

"Why won't you allow me to come with you?" He says turning my face toward him.

His eyes show so much genuine care, it hurts me to lie to him like this. "Because I need to do this alone," I say closing my eyes to his touch.

"Nadiyah," he says softly. "I would never forgive myself if anything happened to you."

"Nothing will," I say opening my eyes. "I'll be gone for like 3 days," I add on. "What could happen within three days?"

"A lot, that's what," he says caressing my cheek with his free hand. "If anything ever happened to you or Luc-"

"I'm leaving Luc with you," I say looking down at him.

Over the months, he began looking even more like his father than before. Although it hurt me heart, he began favoring his father over me at times.

"He's still being breastfed," Giovanni says looking at Luc as well. "If his mother leaves-"

"If his mother leaves, he's got his father," I continue. "Babe," I say taking his hand into mine. "Nothing will happen to me."

He stares at me for what seems like forever before finally slowly nodding his head.

"Okay."
__

Okay Nadiyah, sweetie, amma need your pregnant ass to take several seats bitch because killing Leo is what tf we not gone do

Okay Nadiyah, sweetie, amma need your pregnant ass to take several seats bitch because killing Leo is what tf we not gone do. Okay? Shiiiiiit.