Ch. 17

Nadiyah's pov:
Deep breath. Deeeeep breaths, that's exactly what I needed to take. It was just Giovanni? Not like I'd have an emotional break down or blame him for everything that's happened within the last few weeks, right?

WRONG!

I make my way down the steps only to find the door being opened from the outside.

My mouth hangs as the person opens the door.

"Lester?" I mumble to myself. I hadn't seen him since the whole Jonathan occurrence and I was glad but why was he here and with Giovanni especially after everything that had happened between the two of them.

Behind him follows an extremely small but pretty blonde carrying a baby boy in her arms holding onto him tightly as if she could sense the danger coming her way.

Finally, the door opens once again reveling Giovanni. He looked as handsome as usual and although how I felt about him at the moment was numb I knew this was what I had to do.

His eyes find me and immediately he drops his things and rushes up the stairs.

"You're okay?" He asks stopping himself from touching me. A pained look comes over his face and a small part of me at the moment yearns for his touch or anything of comfort that we can provide to each other but that small part of me is over powered by the amount of resentment I have for him at this moment.

I back away from his touch but remember Abraham's words and force out a smile. If I wanted to pull this off I could need some sort of miracle because it only got harder once I was face to face with him.

"Why would there be something wrong with me?" I ask. I can feel his gaze burning through me as I play with a now extremely silent Luc. He must've sensed my panic because he reaches out for my face.

"I don't know, I just thought there was something wrong," he says his eyes never leaving me. I know he can sense I was lying, he always does but never said anything until the right time came and I was hoping it would never come.

"Oh come on old friend, stop stressing yourself out, Nadiyah wasn't harmed in anywsy, in fact she was treated like royalty," Abraham says his back facing us as he walks down the stairs.

"Not what I heard," Gio mumbles to himself. I know for a fact that he knows now, that or he's on to it.

"What I want to know is when this traitor got back into your good grace and who this gorgeous woman is?" Abraham asks eyeing the blonde.

As small as she was, she was strikingly beautiful, like the type of beautiful that you had to take a double look at but it wasn't because of her body or anything like that.

I turn my attention to them as well not missing that Giovanni's eyes never leave me even as he speaks.

"It was a misunderstanding what happened between us, something we've moved on from and you should as well," he says finally turning around. "As for her, the child she's holding that looks identical to Lester should tell you who she is," he says with a smirk. I feel his hand traveling up my hand only to squeeze it.

"Come on," he says with a serious face.

"Okay," I gulp looking over at Abraham who's staring right back at me with a look that can kill. I follow Giovanni up the stairs almost tripping over myself.

"Careful love, wouldn't wanna see you hurt, now would we?" Abraham yells out.

I don't bother looking over because I could here the warning in his voice. We finally come to a room in the far end hall of the large house and step in the room.

He stares at me for what seems like forever before closing and locking the door behind him then turning his attention back to me.
"So you refuse to tell me the truth huh?" He asks walking around me in circles. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in a way scared, he looked frightening with how serious he was being.

"There's nothing to tell to tell," I say backing up against the door.

He walks toward me and in one swift movement backs me up against the door, his fingers wrap around my throat.

"Don't lie to me, you know I can sense it right?" He says his voice ice cold. "I'll blow Abraham's f-cking brains off if I find  out he so much as raised his voice at you," he adds on.

"Stop, you're hurting me," I cringe out. I raise my hands free hand up hitting him but it was useless seeing as how his body was made of all muscle.

"Tell me what Abraham did to you!" He shouts his grip slowly beginning to tighten.

Oh come on, just tell him!! He probably already knows!! He looks possessed.

Never.

"Nothing," I mange to choke out. "He did nothing to me," I say. My voice is barely a whisper at this point.

We're in a deadly eye lock, neither of us breaking apart, until the crying of Luc breaks us away from each other. He must've sensed it, he always knew when something was wrong and would cry to remind me what my number priority is, him.

I grab onto my throat feeling a burning feeling from where his fingers were wrapped around.

"Nad-" he says with a pained look on his face. He then gets an upset look on his voice. He cuts himself off, "Never fucking mind," he says angrily quickly walking out, slamming the door behind him as he goes.

__

I had this written for like a week, I just didn't have time to post it so my bad 😭😭. Also, I know things look bad right now but I promise there's more to come and things will only get better from here on out. Maybe 😐. Lol hopefully I write and publish the next chapter right after this one.