Ch. 76

I climb up the stairs and completely ignore Luc's crying from me leaving him alone downstairs.

I close the door and slouch down onto the floor and being to cry.

He didn't love me anymore.

He never did.

But could I blame him?

I didn't even love me anymore.

My crying continues until finally I feel as if there are no more tears that could possibly come from me.

I slowly raise myself up and walk to the bathroom. My eyes looked as if they couldn't get any redder.

I wash my face with cold water and strip myself of all of my clothing before hopping into the shower.

My body shivers from the cold water and I quickly dry off before putting on new clothing.

I head back downstairs and Luc's crying is once again the first thing I hear as I head to pick him up.

His eyes look similar to mine with the crying stains and he curls up against my body as I sit on the couch and prepare to put him back to sleep.

After a thirty minute process, he finally falls asleep and I lay him down on the couch before finally wondering the house.

I get to his bedroom door and I can hear his voice clearly as he speaks into the phone.

I knock the door and he open it quickly.

"I'll call you back," he says staring at me.

He hangs up and locks the door behind me. This was the same room that I first kissed Giovanni in the first night we met.

"What're you here for?" He asks with a smirk on his face. "I hope not to ask about mafia business."

He slams me against the door and his lips find themselves in mine while my legs wrap around his waist.

"We have to stop," he says slowly pulling away. "Not here and not now."

I unwrap my legs around him.

"If this is what you want, a week from today, I will rent out a hotel and if you still want to, then meet me there," he says unlocking the door.

I open the door and just as I'm about to walk out, he speaks.

"Nadiyah," he says as I turn around.

"If you do come, though, understand that I will fuck you senselessly and leave you immobile."

I make my way down the stairs and bump into yet another figure.

"I was looking for you," Kat says heart fully. "I want to talk."

"O-okay," I say shakily.

We find ourselves on the same couch that Luc slept on.

"Will the talking wake him up?" She asks looking down at him.

"No, he recently fell asleep."

"Okay.. I know we started off on the wrong foot but I want you to be the first person to know that Giovanni proposed and I know how things ended between you two but do you think you could be genuinely happy for me?"