Ch. 10

Diyah's pov:
I watch him to expecting him to scream, yell or cuss. Something. I didn't know Jessica at all and even I wanted to cry for her sake.

She was a kid, a baby born into the wrong family and because of that she was now dead. That's what always happened by getting involved with Giovanni, one way or another someone always got hurt.

Or pregnant.

He remains calm, not showing any emotion at all and turns to me. "Is there anywhere Leo can take you, a hotel or somewhere far away from here?"

He was calm. Why was he so dam-n calm?

He sees my facial expression and his eyes travel down to Luca who is now staring up at me still in his father's arms.

"Uh, yeah, my apartment," I say reaching for Luc. "I came with someone so I'll go back with him," I say standing up.

He holds onto my hand and shakes his head. "Absolutely not, I don't want to take any risks at all, with but Tonya and Je-" his voice trails off and a look of sudden realization comes onto his face.

He stares back up at me blankly and clears his throat. "Leo will take you and the boy somewhere. I don't want you to be a part of any of this," he says once again extremely calmly.

Before I can protest he's giving orders to the man standing before us.

"If anything happens to her or her son, it's on you and whoever else is around them," he says firmly.

Her son?

He gives me one last look before taking the tie he has on off and checking for something in his back pocket then walking off as if nothing just happened.

__

As we walk back over to whatever van the men were taking me in I see Joseph coming out from the men's restroom. His back was turned towards me and he was on the phone not bothering to turn around.

I quickly get in the car not wanting to send off any alarms his way or for him to see me. What would I even say for leaving him or for being surrounded by so many men?

"Sorry, my mofia leader of an ex who by the way just lost his daughter and maybe sister is having me sent away so that my son and I are not added to the list. Call me though!"

"Come on," says Leo. He doesn't bother to give me a second look rather yet looking at something behind me. I turn around and find Giovanni behind me. "I need your help for a second," he says to Leo who only nods in return.

They walk farther away and I see them exchange what seems to be guns. He glances at me for a while before disappearing.

"I don't care, I don't care," I say quietly to myself. "If he wants to play with guns, it is his life," I say sitting down and putting on my seatbelt.

Leo comes back into the car and the car takes off with Leo sitting right across from me.

The drive is absolutely quiet except for the babbling of Luc every time the car came to a stop. I stare out into the window admiring how beautiful Canada was.

After an hour of driving we come to what seems to be an abandoned building. Cars are parked around the building and I know instantly something seems off.

Leo comes over and opens the door for me and escorts me to the building. He presses a button on the door and a voice comes in through somewhere unknown.

The man says something in Italian and Leo responds back in Italian as well shocking me. This was a first.

The door opens and a bald headed large man appears. He stares at me up and down before cracking a smile. "So what Ina said did have some truth to it. The bastard does look like his father after all," he says looking down at a sleepy Luc.

"Hold on, wait, the what????" I ask irritated. He didn't just call my son a bastard.

He once again looks me up and down with a disgusted look. He reaches over and pinches Luc's cheeks causing him to cry. "You can't be our future mafia leader and cry like a little bambino," he says with a crooked smile.

Oh.

Hell.

No.

__

What do you guys think? Comment!!
So.. I sorta don't/won't have a phone again until god knows when. With that being said, I won't be able to update but I promise when I do get my phone sh-t is about to go dowm. Giovanni, Nadiyah, and even Luca. Stick around though!!