Ch. 30

He stares at me for what seems like forever before letting out a quiet sigh. "You know I can't do that," he says quietly. "You accepted me as I was so please just do so now as well."

"Okay then," I say folding my hands together. "Marry me then."

Hi eyes search mine for what seems like forever before he finally takes my hand into his. "What brought this up?"

"If we're ever going to be together you'll have to either drop your lifestyle or marry me, that's the only way I'll ever feel assured with you."

My hands are shaking as I'm speaking. I don't know how this came about but it was true. Only as his wife would I be willing to accept him for his good and his bad.

"Why?" He asks. "Marriage is a big step, are you really ready for that sort of commitment?"

I nod.

"With me of all people?"

I nod once again.

"Nadiyah," he whispers his eyes roaming my face for any trace of false truth. "Are you sure about that this is what you want? I'm not forcing you to be with m-"

"It's what I want," I say cutting in. "I want to be secured with you and I don't wanna have to separate you from Luc, he needs his father."

"Are you only doing this because you think I'll hate you if you take Luc away?" He asks concern coming over his face. "I'll be angry for a while but I could never hate you over something like that, is that it?"

"No," I say holding onto his hand. "This is what I want. I came here of my own free will, no one forced me, just like this is something I want for myself, for us."

A small smile finds its way onto this face before he finally kneels dowm onto one knee. My eyes scan over the face of the man I love and it takes me back to the first day I'd met him and how he took my breath away and still does to this day.

"I don't have a ring but Nadiyah Valentio if you do me the honor of being my wife: I promise to love you and only you for the rest of my life. I promise to protect you and our son with my very life. I promise to put your lives before mine and to always have your best interest in heart when making any decisions, so, what do you say?"

"Yes," I say stooping down to his level. This isn't my ideal proposal but I love it. It's about as perfect as an unexpected proposal could go.

He places an invisible ring into my finger and brings my hand up to kiss it. A smile forms on my face as I rise my hand up to admire the fake ring.

"It's so beautiful I can't see it," I say.

"Yeah? Wanna know what else is beautiful?" He asks standing up. He grabs me by the hand and throws us both onto the bed before climbing on top of me. I could feel his erection getting harder and harder.

"So, fiance, what do you say we make more babies?" He asks before bringing his lips to mine. Our lips crash against each other and the kiss immediately deepens.

"Giovanni," I moan out as his hands reach for my underwear. "We cant."

"Why?" He asks trailing kisses down my neck now. "What's stopping you?"

"People are still awake and can hear us," I say moaning a bit louder. His kiss come to a stop.

"So, let them."

"And because I'm cramping," I say softly.

"F-ck," he mumbles tossing himself to the side of me. "Sorry."

"Sorry," I say sitting up.

"Don't aplogize," he says pulling me against his bare chest. "It's not like you'll be on it forever."

__

__

I wake up to Giovanni's arms wrapped around me and mine wrapped around him. He looks so innocent when he sleeps. His features look less manly and more boyish making him just as handsome.

His grip on my waist tightens as I sit up on the bed.

"You okay?" He asks his eyes still closed. His sleepy voice was one of the many things about him that could soak my pants.

"Yeah," I say allowing him to pull me closer. "I just wanted to go check on Luc."

"Come on," he says his eyes slowly opening. "I'll come with."

"You don't have to," I say yawning. "Go back to sleep."

"Too late," he says climbing off the bed. "We can sleep in your room if you'll sleep easier."

I follow right behind him until we get to the room. It shocks me that there were still people that awake.

He flickers on the lights and my heartbeat stops.

There's no Luca on the bed where I left him.

__