Ch. 3

Diyah's pov:
I wake up around 10 o'clock to the doorbell being rung. Lucca and I had both ended up falling asleep on the floor with him on top of me getting only 4 hours of sleep.

I place him in his crib gently before attending to the impatient ringing of the doorbell.

I open the door and the new landlord Joseph stands before me with a file in his hand.

"Nadiyah Anne-Marie Valentino," he says handing me the files. "They weren't suppose to get here until tomorrow but it was killing me not knowing your name. I had to know," he says flashing me a smile.

"Is that all that's on there, my name?" I ask scanning through the file.

"Oh, this isn't just a file on you because of this house," he says taking it back from. "Everything I need to know about you is right in here," he says shaking it.

I didn't know weather to feel flattered that he had an interest in me and wanted to know more about me or creeped out that he could know everything about me.

"How'd you even get those?" I ask tightening my robe.

"Don't worry your pretty head on that," he says leaning against the door. "Just know I now have the upper hand."

"Okay, if that's all you wanted to tell me can I go now? I have a baby to tend to," I say getting ready to close the door.

"Now that's something my files didn't tell me. So that bambino you were holding was actually yours?" He asks.

"That what? What did you just call my baby?"

"Oh excuse me, I meant that baby," he says.

"Yup, didn't think I was a mother did you?" I ask finally having something on him.

"I did not."

"Well, I am and I have a kid to tend to like I've said, so if you don't mind."

"I actually don't mind at all, I'm still going to take you out. Breakfast? Lunch? Maybe dinner?" He asks pulling out his phone.

"Did you not just hear me?" I ask holding back a laugh. There must've been something wrong with this man. "I have a baby. A living, real baby that came out of me."

He stares at me and begins laughing. "Dolcezza, if you think having a baby will push men away from you then your mind isn't in the right place."

I didn't know what to say to that. What was I suppose to say?

"I'm sorry, I still can't go out with you. My main focus is my son and I don't have time for dating or going out or any of that," I say honestly.

"Your mouth is saying one thing but your eyes are saying another," he says charmingly. "Would you like to know what they're saying?" He asks coming in closer.

"They are saying that it has been a while since you've had any fun or a good nights sleep. The way your eyes keep traveling downward tell me that you haven't had the touch of a man either but yet you want it. Your body's small reactions when I stare at anywhere but your face or how you're holding onto your robe right now. You just don't want to seem like a bad mother for wanting to get involved with a man as much as you want to."

I don't know when he found his way in the house or how I ended up on the wall with his arms cornering me. "Your eyes are also filled with so much lust that if I were to kiss you right now, you'd kiss me back. Wouldn't you?" He asks looking straight at my lips.

My eyes flutter shut in what seems to be lust, need, and want. "Just part your lips real slow," he says his voice now deep.

Before I can follow the command given to me, Luca's crying comes into my ears reach and I sprint to the room needing to get away from the Italian in my living room.

__