Ch. 52

Giovanni's pov:
"Get up," Kat says shaking me. "It isn't the end of the world, you will be fine. You've got all of us here for you."

"It isn't that simple, Kat."

"Then simplify it Giovanni," she says folding her arms. "Now, I've tried to reason with you and I've tried waiting but I've had enough at this point."

"Enough of what?" I ask roughly. "Kat, just get out, go," I say standing up. "This isn't the time of place for this."

She quietly stands up and leaves without saying anything else.

"Daddy," comes a voice from the door. "Why is mommy crying?"

"Fuck," I mumble to myself. I open the door and as true as it was, Kat was crying.

"I didn't do anything to you and yet you hate me," she says in between sobs. "What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything," I say holding her in my arms. "I'm a bit fucked up in the head because of everything else, I'm sorry for taking it out on you."

"But why're you taking it out on me?" She asks not pulling away.

"I'm sorry, Kat," is all I can say back.

We pull away and she heads downstairs allowing me the time I needed to sulk and rethink everything.

I never thought I would be one to be this depressed and emotional and yet here I was. Yes, I had people who loved and cared about me and yet I felt so alone.

Without her.. what type of person was I going to be? Would I sleep with random women again? Kill for the fun of it? All of that slowly came to a halt when she came into my life and just as quickly, she left. No. She was taken from me.

Since the day we saw her, Luc had been constantly saying her name as if it could somehow bring her back. The few words he was able to put together were only "Dada, mama!"

"Giovanni," come here Elizabeth yells from downstairs. "Hurry, its Luc!!!"

I run down the stares and stop midway at the sight.

"Dada," he says staring up at me standing.

Standing.

He is standing. ALL BY HIMSELF. With no help from me. He begins to take a step towards me with a goofy smile on his face.

"Luc, walk to Dada," I say walking the rest of the way. He takes another wobbly step and another before finally falling down.

I rush over before his head hits the ground and a happy smile comes over my face. My son was standing on his own and learning to walk. How much more proud of a dad could I be?

"I've recorded it," Elizabeth says handing me the camera. "This is everything else for.." her voice trails off as I know what she wants to say.

"Thanks," I say not bothering to hold the camera. "He's beginning to walk, if only you were here to catch him instead of me," I whisper.

If only she'd been here to witness it. How would she have reacted? Would she cry? Would she be as happy and proud as I was? Or would she throw a fit and say he was growing too fast?"
__
Diyah's pov;
"Are you sure?" I ask the doctor. "This isn't true.."

"I'm certain Miss," the nurse says handing me my clothing. "From your vaginal tearing, you have given a natural birth before. Do you not remember?" 

"No," I say slowly shaking my head. "I lost my memory, I don't remember much actually."

I excuse myself and go the bathroom. Did this mean that Giovanni was telling the truth and that.. that baby was actually my son?

But what about Leo, did he lie to me?

No. He would never lie to me.

But then.. what did this mean? Was what Giovanni was saying correct?

My head behinds to spin and I immediately take that as my opportunity to bolt out of the bathroom and into my car.

My breathing begins to speed up as everything comes into my mind. Was I a mother? And if so.. how bad of a mother was I to have forgotten my own child? Did this mean that this child in my stomachs was Giovanni as well?

Is he really the man he says he is?

None of this makes any sense. I drive around endlessly before once again ending up in the same store from the first time I had seen that baby. My baby.. did I have a right to call him mine?

I step out of the car and into the store, walking around endlessly with my thoughts traveling to places they shouldn't.

"Hey," I feel myself being shaken. "Nadiyah?"

"Huh?" I turn to face a brown haired women. She was beautiful and although small, had a fairly nice figure.

"Who would've thought I would run into you?" She asks holding her bag in her other hand.

"I'm sorry," I say focusing my attention on her. "Do I know you?"

"I'm Katrina," she says smiling. "I forgot Giovanni told me you don't remember anything."

"Giovanni?" I ask after a second. "You know Giovanni? Can you take me to him?" I ask fidgeting with my hands.

"Why?" She asks tilting her head. "So you can hurt him and Luca again?"

"Luca?"

"You know, the baby you left behind?" She asks. "Oh wait.. you don't know, you don't know anything at this point."

"It's not my fault," I say. "It's not my fault that I am not aware of the truth and a lie or what happened and what didn't happen."

"Sure, it's not your fault," she says folding her arms. "Because you aren't the one that-"

"Who are you suppose to be anyways?" I ask cutting her off. "And why are you speaking to me in this tone?"

"Katrina, your replacement."