Ch. 29

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 😘🍗!! I hope everyone has an amazing one. Back to back updates aaaalllll day 😊. Listen to the sing up top.
__

I rise up from the sofa. My body is shaking but I was not going to cry or allow what him to see how broken I felt inside now. My heart was breaking and finally, it broke.

Without saying anything else I stand up and head for the door.

"I didn't mean that," he says stepping in front of the door. "You know I didn't." His eyes looked so pretty when they got frantic like this.

"Please move," I say turning the door knob. Once outside I feel as if  I could explode with all the emotions going through me.

Everything I tried so hard to run away from and give up has come back to me and as much as I hated to admit it, I loved him.

I always would.

No matter how he much he hurt me with his words or actions, I knew that I would forgive him and come back to him.

I always would.

I bump into Lester followed by Abraham just as I'm walking out and don't bother to turn around.

"Nadiyah," Lester calls out as I quickly walk down the stairs. There are hot tears streaming down my face and I was getting more and more frustrated because the tears seem never ending.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asks someone startling me.

I look up to find a concerned Jonathan staring right back at me.

"Yeah," I say forcing out a weak smile.

"No, you're not," he says walking up the stairs to meet me halfway. "What's wrong?" He asks studying my face. His fingers reach up to my face.

I wish I would've met Jonathan first. I wish I could think of him as more than just a close friend. I wish his charming smile and chipper personality reeled me in to the point where I wanted no one but him. But, that is just a wish. I know that no matter how hard I try with him, it will never work. There was one person I wanted and one only, no matter how much he hurt me.

"Nothing," I say brushing his hands off of my face.

"Did he make you cry?" He asks pointing to something behind me.
I slowly turn around and find Giovanni up the stairs, with his arms crossed, staring dowm at us.

"And what if?" Giovanni asks his voice cold. "Prior to this I had her crying out my name," he says stepping down the stairs.

"All," he says still not breaking eye contact with Jonathan and I.

"Night."

"Long," he expresses with an amused look on his face.

"No matter how hard you try Nadiyah is mine, has been mine and will always be mine," a crooked smile forms across his face. "This pretty face, her body, our son," he says staring at Jonathan now. "Sh-t, even that p-ssy is mine."

"That's enough," Lester says appearing from up the stairs. "Where's your respect for the mother of your child?"

They begin to argue back and forth as words in Italian are thrown at each other before finally Abraham. He doesn't say much as he watches the two go and forth before finally letting out a long sigh.

"Giovanni, if you love her, this is certainly not showing anyone that you love her."

"Oh and what the hell do you know about love?" Giovanni asks with venom in his voice.