Ch. 57

"No," he says shaking his head. "I don't deserve your trust at all, you hate my guts."

"Whatever it was, I forgive you," I say reaching down to touch Luca's cheek. "Can't effect me if I don't remember it."
__

"Mama," Luca says on my lap. He reaches for my hair and softly pulls on it. He begins to talk to himself, shaking my head every once in a while.

The door slowly opens and Giovanni appears with an older man that resembles him and a little pretty girl with brown hair.

"Diyah," he says rushing over to me. He squeezes me before finally pulling away. "You're here."

"Is it a problem?" I ask.

"No," he says sitting down beside me.

"Nadiyah, the older man says standing in front of me. Even in your worst of times, you're as beautiful as always," he says hugging me.

I pull away and the man says something in Italian before heading up the stairs.

"That's my father, Victor," Giovanni says sitting down. Sorry you had to wait."

"I was well entertained," I say remembering the little fiasco with Kat. "Um, Leo went on vacation."

"Good, I hope a meteoroid hits and kills him," he says bitterly. "Nonetheless, I'm glad he's gone and hope he never comes back."

"I-" I couldn't finish my sentence.

"For how long?" He asks taking Luca from me. He fusses against Giovanni's touch and on instinct, I hold onto even tighter.

"Three days," I say cradling Luc. He sighs as my hands rub through his hair.

A smirk comes onto Giovanni's face as he watches Luc and I. "Jessie, come to daddy," he says patting his lap to the little girl. She jumps on and smile up at him.

"Yes daddy?" She says happily.

"Kat," he yells into the kitchen. "Come here real quick."

She appears shortly after and the smile on her face disappears when she sees us sitting right beside each other with Luc back in my lap.

"How much longer?" He asks. "Cute family, right?"

She turns away immediately. Jessie follows right after her and only then do I connect the dots that the little girl looked a lot like a minnie Kat, of course she had problems with me.

"Come on," he says taking my hand into his. "Being down here isn't really our thing, Jessie play with your little brother."

"Come here Lucie," Jessica says hopping off of her fathers lap. Luca walks over to her and I take that as my opportunity to leave as well.

I follow him upstairs and he locks the door before easing towards me. A look of hunger comes over his face as his steps towards me get closer.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask.

"The things I want to do to you," he says against my lips. "If only you knew, Nadiyah."

"Like what?" I hear myself asking.

"A lot."

Our eyes lock and search each other's before I slowly look away.

"For the next three days, we'll play it like it would've been, you as my wife and I as your husband," he says interlocking our hands.
__
So .. How do we feel about good ole Abraham? Hate? Like? Neutral? Maybe even ship him and Adriana ❤️. Be prepared to read more about him and another special old character.