Ch. 43

"What are you doing, Nadiyah?" He asks. "Why are you doing this?"

"Don't step any closer," I say. I know soon I'll start shaking and the gun would fall so my grip tightens.

"What are you doing?" Rose asks not moving. "Why, why are you trying to kill me?"

"I'm sorry," I say stepping closer to her. "But I have to protect my family and that starts with killing Leo."

"Why do you want to kill my Leonardo? What did he do to you?" Her voice sounds so sad and desperate.

"Everything," I say shaking. "Look I'm sorry but I have to do this, Rose."

"Are you trying to convince yourself or me?" He asks stepping closer to me. "I don't believe you."

"Stop!" I yell. "If you step any closer, I'll pull the damn trigger."

He stops.

"Put your hands up," I order.

He raises his hands and steps back. A look comes over his face and I stop. Fear?

"If this is with me, take my mother out of it, please," he says stepping further back. "She shouldn't be involved."

"DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!" I yell. "DO NOT!"

"Nadiyah, listen to me, this is between you and I," he says taking a step. "I know you won't shoot."

"DONT TEST ME LEO," I say holding onto the gun with my other hand. "I WILL SHOOT HER, DONT TEST ME!!!!"

"No you won't," he says taking another step. "You're too pure, don't let Giovanni be the reason why you do something you don't want to."

"No," I say shaking my head. "YOU'RE WRONG, THIS ISN'T BECAUSE OF GIOVANNI!!!!"

"Yes it is," he says putting his hands down. "You're willing to kill for his sake, trust me I wanted to do the same thing but-"

"Shut up," I say pressing the gun against Rose. She winces and a pained look comes over Leo's face. "Now step away from me and I won't shoot."

"No," he says stepping closer.

"I WILL SHOOT HER," I yell.

"No you won't."

"YES I WILL."

He steps closer.

"IF YOU TAKE ONE MORE STEP!!" I say wagging the gun. "I WILL FUCKING SHOOT, DONT TEST ME!!"

"You won't," is all he says as he takes another step. "Nadiyah, you won't do it."

"YES I WILL!!"

"No."

"DONT MAKE ME DO THIS LEO," my voice cracks and my adrenaline speeds up.

"You won't," is all he says before the gun goes off.

__
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!