Ch. 70

"Are you ready?" Abraham asks appearing from no where. That was his specialty, appearing from thin air and making it look easy.

"No," I say removing my hands from my pockets. "I know I spoke of wanting to see Giovanni but that was all talk and I'm sorry for making you do everything you did only to make me chicken out."

"If you don't want to you don't have to, I could convince Giovanni to do something else," he says stepping closer to me. "But this is your chance."

His hands raise up and he reaches for something behind my ear . The hair falls back to where it was and he tucks it behind my ear.

"Um," I say quickly looking away. "I don't know. Giovanni seemed like he wouldn't budge on it."

"What about Giovanni?" The devil asks walking up behind us. "I see you two together more than I see you and myself, Nadiyah," he says jokingly.

"I'm ready," is all I say in response to his question.

"I'm here," he says kissing my forehead. "Don't think I'm making you do this because of anything else but only because I love you and want what's best for you, bella."

"We can hear everything and will rush in as soon as things seem like they're turning bad,"'Abraham says opening the door.

I walk in and feel someone staring at me and I quickly flicker on the lights.

"Nadiyah," Leo says standing up. "You came for me, at least someone that cares about me."'

"No," I say standing back. "I didn't come for you. I came for me. Why?"

"Why what?" He asks looking up. He looked nothing like the man I had begun to love. With his wild curly hair and eyes that looked as if he hadn't slept in days, he looked more like the monster he was."

"Why did you lie to me? Why did you make me loose my memory and separate me from my family?"

"I am your family, Nadiyah," he says standing up. "I don't know what lies they fed you but could I do any of that to you?"

"You did," I say taking a step towards him. "And don't think that your lies will so easily fool me because Joseph told me everything as well."

"Joseph?" He asks chucking. "That fool will say anything to get under your panties and separate you from Giovanni."

"I'm not leaving Giovanni, ever" I say standing right in front of him. "After everything you've put me through, he was the one who fixed it. He fixed me."

"What was there to fix in the first place?" He asks smugly. "I gave you a house, a car, money, and great sex. What more could he have given you?"

"Love," I say starting up at him. "And affection and most of all he gave me children. Luca and our precious soon to come baby girl."

"So you figured the baby wasn't mine, huh?" He asks not bothering to look away. "I should've killed it when I had the chance."

My hands connect with his cheek and he begins to laugh hysterically.

"That didn't hurt," he says rubbing his cheek.
"What hurt was seeing the expression on your face as I pointed my gun at you. I don't know if it was fear but whatever it was, the image was satisfying."

"You're a coward," I say crossing my arms over my chest. "I have never met a man as pathetic as you."

"I'm pathetic and yet you still loved me at some point, what about that?" He asks.

"That wasn't love. That was your lies and bullshit that finally came to an end."

"Who are you trying to fool?" He asks walking around me. "You want to know how you lost your memory right? Well listen up," he says resting his hands on my shoulder.

"I shot you, with your own gun."

"Why?"

"You tried killing my grandmother and I was more than pleased when you sought me out yourself. I knew you would eventually come, just not while you were pregnant but before you begin to call me a coward again, I'll tell you this: you told me to shoot you."

"I-I told you to shoot me?" I ask. "No, that's a lie. I wouldn't tell you to do something like that."

"Are you certain? For me to give up on pursuing Giovanni, you offered me yourself and I took it, happily. You told me that the only condition was that you wanted to loose your memory and never have to see Giovanni or Luc ever again and that I don't go after either one, of course. I took it. I knew any pain I could cause Giovanni would be nothing in comparison to him loosing you and especially to me," he says smugly. He walks around me once again and stops to touch my hair. "You remember, don't you?"

"I know a part of you still remembers what happened and you're just keeping it in the back of your head," he whispers. "The drugs I gave you weren't that strong and I made sure they weren't."

It wasn't true.. I wouldn't have asked him to shoot me.. would I have? It was beginning to get blurry and before I know it I'm being held in a pair of arms.

"I got you," I hear a soft voice from behind me. My head begins spinning and everything around me gets blurry once again. I get lifted up and my arms wrap around his shoulders.

Amongst the blur, I see Giovanni walking past me and punching Leo mercilessly and turn my head to see who's holding me.

"Thank you, Abraham."