Ch. 2

Diyahs pov:
I open the door and come face to face with a face I had never seen around the building.

"Can I help you?" I ask switching Luc onto my other hip.

The stranger stares at for what seems like forever before finally clearing his throat. "Your rent, you haven't paid it yet," he says with an accent.

"You aren't my landlord to be telling me that and not that it's any of your business but I prepaid everything," I say eyeing him.

Id be lying if I said he wasn't handsome because he was indeed. His shiny grey eyes and curly black hair reminded me very much of my celebrity crush, Orlando Bloom.

"Well, glad to know that I don't have to bother you about your bills. I've been doing this knocking on doors all morning," he says yawning. "I am your new landlord, Joseph Krager pleasure to meet you and you are?"

"What happened to Randy?" I ask eyeing him curiously.

"She was too deep in debt and so I bought the place from her. Didn't know I would be finding such beautiful women here though," he says now eyeing me with a flirty grin.

Wow.

I roll my eyes and he lets out a chuckle before extending his hand towards me.
"Now, what was that name of yours?"

"Nadiyah-"

"Well certainly that can't be your full name, so go on, finish the name up," he says letting out a charming smile.

"If you're my landlord, you should have all of my files, shouldn't you?"

"I should but I said I am your new landlord so I don't have any files yet."

"Okay, well until you get them and have proof, I have nothing else to say to you," I say lifting Luc's head back you up.

"You can count that on me bella, first minute they come," he says with a flirtatious smile before turning to walk away, whistling as he goes.

If I wasn't so worried about being a great mother and doing everything I could possible do for Luc, I would've flirted back with him, hell, I would've flirted back with most of the men that showed interest in me.

It had been a year and a couple months since I'd been touched by a man and my cravings for the touch of someone, anyone were very high.

I lock the door behind me and walk back to the bedroom sitting an excited Luc down on the ground. He was finally beginning to sit up on his own and every now and then he could crawl to me to pick him up.

"You're growing so fast, stay small for mommy," I say handing him a toy from under the bed. "That's the only way she can protect you from all things evil."

__