Ch. 37

Nadiyah's pov:
I stand frozen. There is blood everywhere and it takes me a while to look at where the blood is coming from.

"Giovanni," I yell my legs finally moving.

He stumbles back in horror and only then do I see the blood is not coming from.

"Lester," Giovanni whispers still in shock. "No," he says crouching down to look at the lifeless body of Lester.

"Stay with me," he says removing his shirt to stop the blood that was now oozing out.

"It's pointless," Lester whispers out in pain. "Its my kidney."

"Shut up," Giovanni yells. "You're gonna be fine!"

"No, I'm not." Lester croaks out.

"YES YOU ARE!!" Giovanni says. His body looks as if it's shaking and his skin was changing color. "YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY LES!!!"

"Oh god," Elizabeth whispers to herself as she stands at the door looking over. "Please no, please don't tell me that's. NO, THAT IS NOT MY LESTER!" she tells herself.

"Elizabeth," Lester says as if she can hear him. "Take care of her for me Gio."

"I WONT DO THAT BECAUSE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU," Giovanni says with tears. "Stay with me, you're like my brother," he says holding him. "You can't die.. I WONT ALLOW IT!!"

__

Giovanni's pov:

"Are you ready?" The doctor asks me.

"Yeah," I say. This was the most certain thing I've ever been certain about. "I'm ready."

"Can you scoot up for me doll," the nurse says patting to the top of the bed.

"Ye-" before I can finish my sentence everything goes black and I fall into the deep sleep.

__

"You're awake," Nadiyah says sitting on the side of the bed.
"I was so scared something would've gone wrong." My eyes scan all over the room and only then do I come to the realization that I am at the hospital.

"How is he?" I ask attempting to sit up.

"Good, the surgery was a success, he's down the hall" she says bringing her chair closer to where I was sitting. "You're so brave," she says cupping my face. "And so kind," she says adjusting my pillow.

"I had to, he's the only best friend I've ever had, I couldn't allow him to die," I say resting my head. "Where's Luc?"

"He's with Adriana, him and Micky."

"His name is Michael," Lester says standing at the edge of the door with a machine hooked to him. He looks pale and nothing like the tan built guy I knew.

"Sure," Elizabeth says stepping in from behind him. "I tried to get him to stay in bed but he insisted on seeing Giovanni and thanking you," she says pulling up a chair for him.

She looks as if she hadn't slept in forever. The bags under her says and the ponytail that I failed to miss were all evidence of the stress she'd been undergoing.

"You shouldn't have," Lester says sitting down. "Your kidney out of all things.."

"You're like a brother to me Lester, f-ck you are a brother to me, I wasn't going to allow you to die on me," I say not looking at him. "Especially not after you just saved my life."

"Thanks man."

"Don't mention it, it's not like you wouldn't do the same," I say reaching for the water cup at the edge of the bed.

"Is he dead?" Lester asks after a long wait. "I hope not."

"He got away, but we'll get him," I say finally facing him. "That would've been to easy of a death," I say looking over at Nadiyah. "He'll pay for what he did."

"Absolutely," Lester says taking Elizabeth's hand into his.

__

"Wanna know what sounds sexy?" I ask Nadiyah as she sits on the edge of the bed. It is over a week since the surgery and I am finally beginning to feel like myself again.

"What?" She asks looking up from the magazine.

For the first time since the incident, she looks like herself again. She has on a small flowy skirt and tank top that made her look all the while beautiful. Regardless of how many times I've seen her, she somehow always looks even more beautiful to me than the last time.

"Sex at the hospital," I say sliding my hand up her thighs through her skirt. "That's a small fetish of mine."

"You're not fully healed yet," she says closing her eyes to my touch. My hands continue to slide up her thighs until I've finally reached where I want. It always shocks me that as soon my fingers enter her, she's instantly warm and moist.

"Spread your legs," I say sitting up. She does as I say and holds back a moan as my fingers work in and out of her. "F-ck.." she whispers a little too loudly.

"Shh," I whisper covering her mouth with my free hand.

Just then the door opens and a tired Abraham walks in with papers in his hands.

"Whoa, my bad," he says at the scene in front of him. I quickly remove my hand from where it's at and Nadiyah fixes her skirt before looking away embarrassed.

"I can come back," he says backtracking. "You guy carry on, you looked pretty busy."

"No, it's fine," I say resting my head on the pillow. "Come in."

"Actually, I'll be back," he says bolting out of the door.

"I'm so embarrassed," Nadiyah says taking her hands over her face. "I told you not to!"

"Actually.. you didn't say 'stop' at all," I say holding onto her hand. "Pretty soon I'm going to put a ring over this hand and hold it forever."

She gives me a smile before interlocking our hands. "I can't believe I'm the one you want to be with."

"Come here," I say patting to the side of me. I know as time progressed she was more and more insecure about small little things such as her looks or how big her breasts had become.

She climbs up and I bring her into my arms, wrapping them around her as she snuggles into me.

"You're the one I want now and forever and it will be no one else but you. I want to wake up every morning with my Diyah and when it's time to sleep, I want to fall asleep with you. I want nothing but to make you happy and will work to do that til the day I die because I love you and only you."

"I could stay like this forever," she says laying her hands over my chest. "I love you for not giving up on us even when I did."
She tilts her head enough until our lips find each other.

The kiss is as passion filled as always and leaves me wanting more as soon as she pulls away. "Please don't ever leave me," she says wiping something off of my face.

"I would never."
__