Ch. 31

I scan the whole room frantically along with Giovanni. The bed was the last place I left him and now he's gone!

"Please no," I mumble to myself as if my beginning would make some sort of difference.

Tears stream down my face as I once again throw everything around. The room was beginning to become a mess with the sheets and everything else thrown on the floor.

"HE'S NOT HERE," I yell. "He's not f-cking here, where could he be?" I ask looking over at Giovanni.

Just then Lester barges into the room with a frantic Elizabeth behind him. Her eyes looked bewildered and her hair, that was usually down, was in a ponytail.

"Micheal, he's not in his room, we were gone for like a minute and when we came back he's gone. We've searched up and down the house because he's beginning to crawl and- and he's just gone!" She says in between sobs. She looked like a small child as she broke down crying.

Lester's face resembles that of Giovanni's. Hard and as if he wants to punch something.

"F-ck," Giovanni says under his breath as he looks to Lester. I don't know what their thinking and even if I did I didn't care. All I want is to find my baby.

"We'll find them," they both say in unison to Elizabeth and I.

"I promise we'll find him," Giovanni says cupping my face into his hands. His eyes were as hard as rock but his voice was soft.

"Who would take a baby," I whisper pushing his hands off of my face. "He's a baby," I say taking a step back. "Who takes a baby?"

Elizabeth goes into what seems to be hallucinations as she crashes against the floor.

Lester rushes over to her. He says something in Italian before scooping her weightless body into his hand.

"Look at me babe," he says shaking her. "Look," he says holding her face. "We are going to find him, I promise you."

Abraham walks into the room and shakes his head. "You guys as well?" He asks Giovanni.

"Yeah," Giovanni says staring at me.

"I'll pull up the security cameras, take them downstairs," Abraham says.

My head felt as if it were on fire along with the rest of my body and before I knew it I was falling down as Giovanni was saying things to me before everything goes black.

__

Giovanni's pov:
Lester sits across from me with a look I rarely saw on his face. It's what I imagined mine to look like. The look of wanting to kill someone, actually kill them.

"I've got the video," Abraham says sitting down. "You both might want to come look at this closely," he says turning the screen towards us.

We walk over and the camera turns towards Lester and Elizabeth's room as a figure walks into the room and reaches for Micheal in his crib. The figure was tall and in all black from the back.

"Turn around," Lester says under his breath as he stares into the screen. "Come on," he says his fist balling into a fist.

"He's smart, the person knows there's a camera facing him but this is when he plays stupid," Abraham says fast forwarding the tape.

The camera is now in Nadiyah's room as Luca lays on the bed. The person a once again reaches for Luc and as he picks him up he tumbles across something forcing him to turn his face towards the camera for a small second.

Abraham pauses the video and zooms into the face. Lester and I both take in a breath as the face gets clear and we recognize who the body belongs to.

It feels as if I've need kicked into the gut. My knuckles grow white as I begin to feel the anger building up inside of me.

"Why?" I say quietly. "Why would he kidnap Luca and Micheal?" I punch the wall nearest to me. "Why would he?" My voice was growing louder and louder.

"When I get my hands on that bastard," Lester says looking up at me. "I'll kill him with my very own hands."

"No, I'll kill him with mine, he was one of my most trusted men, it only makes sense that I kill him."

__

                      Cliffhangers like:

Cliffhangers like: