Ch. 63

Our plane finally lands after hours of being on the plane and I can feel something cracking behind me.

Luca is fast asleep in and I suddenly get tired from looking around at the dark beautiful scenery. All the trees and sand made me want to go out already. We drive to our hotel after everyone's luggage is finally found.

"Okay, so there are three rooms, so the pick is yours on who you want to room with, Adriana," Lester says handing Kat and I keys.

"Our rooms are in order so don't hesitate to knock if you need anything or are just asking something," he says. He picks Elizabeth up and for a second she looks like a child who fell asleep in his arms

I pull out the key to our room and feel Adriana walking towards me.

"Nadiyah," she says instantly. "Don't think it's because I like you," she says smiling. "I just would hate to share a bed with if that were the case."

"And I don't like Kat much," she whispers into my ear. "I dongle think you do either."

We both giggle before opening our door and stepping in. The room was beautiful and well decorated and we had a great view of outside from here.

"Can I ask you something," I ask as we change into bedtime clothes. "It's been bugging me since we got here."

"Depends on what you want to ask," she says getting onto her bed. "Go ahead."

"Were you and Lester ever together?"

"What makes you ask that?" She says smiling. "I expected you to ask about something else, not Lester."

"I see the way you two look at each other sometimes and then today," I say sitting on the bed. "You don't have to-"

"No it's fine," she says sitting up. "How do I say this without making myself seem bad," she says thinking for a bit.

"Lester was my first love. The man I lost my virginity to and I thought we would be together forever. I was so in love," she says bitterly. "He left without saying goodbye and a month later, I found out I was pregnant."

I hear her sniffle as she continues.

"I was so happy with him that since we'd gotten together, all I ever wanted was to be the mother of his first child but after he left, I knew I couldn't bare to raise a child. His child. I knew that it would just be a constant reminder of him. I don't know if it was my selfishness or simply because it seemed like the best thing to do at the time time but I got rid of the baby. I aborted it."

There's a silence before I hear yet again another sniffle.

"That must've been terrible," I manage to whisper.

"There isn't a day that I don't think of the baby. Sometimes I even imagine how everything would have been if Lester would have stuck around. One big happy family. Our child would be 100% Italian," she says sadly laughing. "I see him with Micheal and Elizabeth and as hard as I try, I feel nothing but hate and hurt looking at how happy they are."

"Does he know?" I ask quietly. "About your.."

"My abortion?" She asks. "Don't be scared to say the word. No, he doesn't know and he never will," she says glaring at me. "Right?"

I nod my head in understanding.

"This sucks," she says wiping a tear from her eye. "I'm getting emotional over something that no longer matters."

"Do you still love him?" I ask.

"Um," she says throwing the blanket over herself. "I don't know which it is yet, I'll let you know when I find out myself."
__