Ch. 41

"Stay safe," Giovanni says eyeing me. "And if anything happens, don't hesitate to call me. I'll drop everything to come to you."

"I will be, take care of Luca," I say kissing Luc's forehead. He extends his hands out for me with a goofy grin on his face.

"Momma loves you," I say shaking his hands.

He gargles something back at me before finishing off with. "Ma," he looks around and finally stares back at me. "Ma."

"Giovanni," I say astonished. "Did you hear that???? He just said 'mama'!!"

"We've been working on it," he says raising Luc up to fully face me. "When you get back, he'll be fully able to say it."

"I can't wait," I say dragging my bag with me. "And you," I say coming to a stop. "I love you, don't worry about me too much please, I'll be fine."

"I love you too and that's easier said than done," he says kissing my hand. "Just please hurry up and come back."

"You're so soft," Abraham says walking past us.

"With the way you two are saying goodbye, you could think one of you had cancer," Adriana chimes in.

"Ignore them," Giovanni says chuckling. "They're both jealous they're miserable and lonely."

"I've got Adriana, why would I be miserable?" Abraham says sitting down at the steps. He wraps his arms around her and in one movement she jerks him away.

"Disgusting," she says pushing him away. "I would rather shoot myself in the boob than be with a dog like you."

"Anyways," Giovanni says turning his attention back to me. "I love you."

"I love you too, I have to go now."

"I put a gun in your bag," he says looking away from me. "In case anything happens, you know how to use it."
__

I get off the plane and find myself back to where it all began. My hometown and where I would hopefully find Leo.

I search for my bag and head straight for a taxi.

"Where to?"

"This hotel please," I say showing him the map of all the locations that Leo could be at and the hotel closest to them.

After a 10 minute drive, the driver finally comes to a stop and opens the door for me. "Is this your first time here?"

"No, I grew up here," I say stepping out.

I check into my room and sit down on the bed. I pull my phone out of my pocket and stare at the lock screen image of Giovanni and  Luca sleeping. It was taken days after Giovanni was released from the hospital and til now, it is my favorite picture.

I have over twenty missed calls and text from him, as I would've expected.

I dial his number and lay my head down. After two rings he answers making my heart do a happy dance.

"Diyah, is everything okay???" He asks with concern in his voice.

He cares so much.

"I'm here," I say looking out the window. "I told you I would call you as soon as I got here, so you shouldn't have blown up my phone," I say tiredly.

"I'm sorry," he says. "I just needed to hear your voice again."

"It's okay, I'm gonna take some rest. I'll call you when later," I say standing up. "Bye, I love you," I say hanging up.

I open my bag and surly enough, there was the gun that Giovanni put in there and to the left of that, there was the gun I took myself that was buried under all the clothes.

I examine it and take a deep breath trying my best to relax.

I could do this. People killed people everyday and showed no remorse. Innocent people died all the time but Leo was not innocent. He was threatening not only Giovanni's life but mine as well. I had to do this and the best part was he would've never expected it.

I could do this. No, scratch that, I had to do this. Giovanni has done so much for me to ensure my safety and this time around, I would be the one making sure he was safe.

A knock on the door startles me and I put the gun in my purse before standing up to open it.

I'm greeted by an employee with a cart full of food.

"Yes?" I say tilting toward the door.

"Could I interest you in room service?" He says moving the cart. His eyes scan me and I can tell he likes the image.

It smelled amazing but I didn't come here to eat, I came with a purpose and I had to do it.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really tired," I say fake yawning. "Maybe in the morning?"

"Absolutely, don't hesitate to call," the he says heading back.

I shut the door and sit on the bed. I needed sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, the start of my hunt to kill Leo.