Ch. 82

The sound of Luc's crying wakes me up in the middle of the night and I softly tip toe out of the room and go to his room.

I turn the light on and to my surprise, he's fast asleep in his crib. I stand there and a smile comes over my face as I turn off the lights and close the door.

I crawl back into bed and take off my robe.

It happened. I finally got my own house and Luc and I were doing perfectly fine, to say the least. My boutique was open once again and I was finally back in contact with my family and Khloe.

"Is Luc okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say smiling against his touch as he reaches for me.

"This is what you've always wanted?" He asks, soothing me.

"Yeah," I say inching towards him. "This normal life is what I've always wanted." His hand rests on mine and I squeal.

"I can't believe it!"

"I can't either," he says gruffly. "No more guns, no more commands, no more threats-"

"No more all black," I say chiming in.

"No, Nadiyah," he says sternly. "You've already taken enough from me. I've given up my lifestyle, my leadership, and everything I've ever known for you. I'm not giving up my black clothing for you."

"Thank you," I say yawning. "For this and everything else."

"Anything for you," he says letting out a sigh. "I do truly love you," he says. I can feel his breath on mine and I smile.

"I know," I say relaxing against his chest. "If you didn't, you wouldn't have done what you did."

"Correct," he says after a short while. "I wish at times I had the intellect of Lester, maybe then I would've given this up beforehand and we would've met on better circumstances."

"I love this," I say yawning. "It's perfect. The timing was perfect as well."

My eyes slowly close and I drift off to sleep with his arms wrapped around me.
__

I wake up to the bed half empty and grab my robe off of the floor and put it on before going to the bathroom.

I wash up and grab a simple dress out of my closet.

"Good morning," I say smiling.

"Morning," he says smiling back at me. He stands before me wearing a white shirt and black pants.

"Priceless," I say admiring him. "See, you look good in clothes besides black."

"Sure," he says sitting down.

"Is Luc okay?" I ask sitting down next to him.

"Yeah, he's playing with some firefighter toys on the floor," he says reaching behind himself and grabbing me a cup of coffee.

"And you made coffee?" I ask beaming. "Omg!"

After finishing up breakfast, I shower an overjoyed Luc and dress him up in overalls before combing his hair.

"Ready?" He asks standing at the front of the door.

"Yeah," I say putting on my shoes. "Do you think you can grab a carrier for Luc, I don't want to have to hold him all day," I say standing up.

"I'll hold him if you get tired," he says scooping Luc into his arms. Luc excitedly tugs on his hair and hugs his neck.

"Your son is really weird," he says chucking.

I smile as my fingers interlock with his and we make our way to our new car.

"We have to get Khloe first," I say buckling Luc in. "Then we can head straight over."

"I don't think she likes me very much," he says grinning. "Actually, I don't think she likes me at all."

"Why would you say that?" I ask now buckling myself.

"Maybe I'm not who she wanted you with," he says smirking. "Or maybe she wanted me all for herself, I don't know."

"Yeah. Every girl wants you, sure," I say laying my hand over his. "So, are you nervous?" I ask.

"No," he says with a serious look. "What is there to be nervous for?"

"I don't know, most guys get scared when they're meeting parents."

"Most guys aren't mafia leader-"

"Ex," I say interrupting

"Right, ex mafia leaders and they also aren't 28," he says swerving. "I have nothing to fear."

"Are you still in contact with everyone else?" I ask. "Like Lester and Victor." That was a question I had been meaning to ask for a while and I was glad to finally ask casually.

"Lester calls every now and then to ask about you and Luc but that's as far as our conversations go," he says nonchalantly. "That's no longer my lifestyle," he says taking my hand into his. "My life is with you, now."

There's a comfortable silence the rest of the drive until we finally pull into the driveway.

"Be right back," I whisper getting out of the car.

I knock on the door and Khloe opens it up with a happy grin on her face.

"You're here," she says pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "I'm so happy!"

"Are you ready?" I ask finally pulling away.

"No the question is are you ready? This is the first time you've seen your parents since before you had Luc. How're you going to explain to them what happened?"

"Who says I will?" I ask winking. "Come on, Luc's in the car waiting."
__

"Oh he is too precious," my mother says taking Luc into her arms. "And so are you," she says embracing me. "You don't look like you've grown at all and if anything, you've lost weight."

"Thank you," I say pulling away. "Mom, you know I've aged a lot.. babies do that you, I heard."

"And look how handsome he is?" She asks looking next to me. "You did always have good taste," she winks.

"This is-"

"Abraham," my father says startling me as he makes his way down the stairs. "Abraham Navarro."