Ch. 46

Giovanni's pov:
"Are you alright?" Comes a voice from behind me. My thoughts take my far, far away the voice seems to be coming from somewhere I don't want to be at.

"Yeah," I say not bothering to look and see who it is. I return back to my thoughts and my mind is filled with nothing but happiness. Happiness that could only brought to be my one person. Nadiyah.

"Face your father when you talk to him," comes the same familiar voice.

My father?

I slowly turn around and am face to face with my father.

"Dad," I say standing up.

"Abraham told me everything that happened and we rushed here as fast as we could."

"We?"

"Daddy," comes Jessica running into my arms. She grew.. so much it was unbelievable.

"Jessie," I whisper squeezing her. "Daddy's missed you so much Jess, so much."

"You're hurting her," comes another familiar voice.

"Kat," I whisper setting Jess down.

"What? I get no hug?" She asks walking towards me.

We stay like that for a few seconds before I pull away, to her disliking. She senses something is wrong and takes a step back.

As usual, she looked beautiful. Since I last her in the hospital, her hair grew and she looked as if she was finally gaining the weight she lost back.

"Why don't you guys go get settled in," my father says to Kat. "I've got some catching up to do with my son."

"Don't steal him away for too long," Kat says walking away. Jessica follows behind, god she looked so much like her mother.

"You haven't told her yet?" I ask sitting down. I knew eventually I would have to break the news to Kat.

"That," he says folding his hands together. "Isn't my spot."

"I guess I will."

"What happened?" He asks softly. "Abraham only told me you were going through a rough time. You've stopped eating and refuse to be separated from the boy?"

"She said she needed a little space so I allowed her to go on vacation for three days and she hasn't returned since. She doesn't answer and.." my voice trails off as Luc's crying fills my ears.

"Excuse me for a second," I say standing up.

I walk up to our bedroom and freeze at the sight of Kat starting at Luc.

I slowly pick him up and we stare at each other.

"Please tell me he's not yours," she asks taking a step back.

"Kat.." before I can finish my sentence she's out of the door. This wasn't the time or place for this and I didn't want to argue with Luc around.

I walk back down to where my father is and sit down. Him and Luc stare at each other for what seems like forever before finally my father sighs.

"Do you think she's-"

"Don't finish that sentence," I say staring at the ground. "I don't know want to think of it."

"Giovanni," Lester says appearing from the doorway. "Get real, what else could have happened to her? I know deep down you know that she is no longer here."

"No," I say shaking my head. "She isn't dead. Nadiyah would not die that easily. Not with Luc and I still alive waiting for her."

"She is dead," Abraham says standing beside Lester. "We will avenge her. Leo will pay but you have to-"

"Don't tell me what to do," I say bitterly laughing. "Aren't you the same guy who-"

"Enough Giovanni," my father says silencing me. "You have to accept this fact and be strong for Luca."

"How?" I ask looking amongst them. "How am I suppose to just accept that my fiancé, the mother of my child, and the love of my life is dead and just easily accept it and move on from it?"

"No one said it would be easy," Lester says sitting down. "But this is what you have to do, it's for your son, Nadiyah would have wanted it this way."

"Don't tell me what she would or wouldn't have wanted, you don't know a damn thing about her," I say angrily.

My father slowly shakes his head and unfolds his hands. "Then what do you plan on doing? Waiting for her for the rest of your life?"

"It's been three months Giovanni, she isn't coming back," Abraham says. "It was suppose to be three days, not three months."

"I waited for her outside," I say remembering. "Everyday for a week straight thinking maybe she liked it so much she stayed some extra days or maybe something happened to the plane."

"That bastard," Lester says crushing his hands through the wall. "When I get my hands on him, I'll strangle him to death."

"All of you, calm down," my father says calmly. "Don't make such hasty decisions."

"Calm down?" I ask. "Do you see the condition I am in? My son hasn't seen his mother in three months and you want me to calm down?

"What will being angry solve?" He asks. "The best thing to do right now is to come up with a strategy on how to capture Leonardo without getting anyone else hurt."

"I still think we should get Elizabeth, Micheal, and Luc to the main house, any objections on that?"

My father and Abraham nod their head to the idea and stare at me, waiting for a reply.

"I'm not separating from Luc," I say shaking my head. "Nadiyah would never forgive me if anything ever happens to him and I'll protect him with my life."

"Giovanni," my father says shaking his head. "This is going to affect your health."

"I don't care," I say standing up. "I lost Nadiyah by allowing her to leave, im not going to have a repeat."

I excuse my myself and head up the stairs and close the door before finally breaking down.

This wasn't suppose to happen. I wasn't suppose to loose her of all people. She was suppose to come back after three days. I was suppose to purpose to her the right way and I was suppose to love her and protect her for the rest of my life. We were suppose to watch Luc and our future grow up and we would eventually grow old together

"Wherever you are," I say feeling my body shiver. "Please just come back to me, I need you my love. I can't-" my voice begins to crack. "I can't do this without you. What about.. what about Luc. You can't leave me here alone with Luc, he needs his mother and I-I need you. So please, please just come back to me.. Nadiyah."

A terrified Luc stares back at me before finally reaching his hands out for me, something he only did with his mother.

"I'm sorry," I say on my knees. "Forgive your father this one time. I wasn't able to protect your mother but I swear by her name I'll protect you and I'll never separate from you."

He stares back me before slowly raising from his crib.

"Da," he says reaching his hands out for me. "Da."

For the first time in three months, I smile. Not a sad smile, but an actual smile.

"That's right," I say standing up. "I'm your dada."

I carry him over to our bed and set him down before sitting down myself.

"Happy birthday, Luc."