Ch. 93

This is it! The LAST & FINAL chapter!
__
Giovanni's pov:
There's a light knock on my door and I hesitate before opening it.

I just hit Kat.

What kind of man did that make me?

I want to be someone for Luca to look up to when he grows older. Not some abusive deadbeat that left his mother and married his old flame and then hit her.

An old flame he wasn't in love with for that matter.

"I'll do right by you," I say looking at his sleeping body. "I swear."

The knock on the door once again continues and I stand up.

I open it and Kat stands before me.

"Kat, I am so-"

She cuts me off.

"It isn't me you want nor need, is it?" She asks tilting her head. "It was never me. I think you and I both know that. It's Nadiyah. It's always been her and it'll always be her, no matter how much we try to deny it."

My response is no response at all.

"You loved me at some point and.." she raises my chin up. "I appreciate you."

She takes my hand into her hand and slides something in it.

"There's no better apology than changed behavior, Gio," she says removing her hand from mine, leaving the ring in my palm. "Go, give this to its rightful owner."

"Kat," I say hugging her. "Thank you."
__
"He's all ready," Elizabeth says handing a dressed up Luc to me. "I just put one of Michael's diapers, might be a size larger but it isn't too big on him so he'll be okay."

"Thank you," I say closing the door after she leaves.

"Luc," I say sitting him on the bed. "Today, im going to take back what I told you the first day I met you at the beach."

He stares back at me as if he understands me.

"I will protect your mother. Not you or Abraham, me. Because-

Because I love her.

And everything about her.

She.. she isn't perfect and neither am I. But unlike me, there was good in her. I need that good in my life.

I need her in my life.

I need her to fix me and once again change me into the man she once knew and loved.

I need her love.

And I hate myself.

For hurting her.

For not realizing sooner that she was what I needed in my life.

That.. no matter how much I didn't want to admit it, she was the only person worthy of my love.

And me?

Well.. I'm nothing less than a beast.

But.

I am willing to atone for everything. I am willing to do anything and everything to get my woman back.

I need my Nadiyah."

Luc continues to stare at me.

"I'm pouring my heart out to someone who can't even clean his own sh-t," I say realizing.

I turn towards the mirror and fix my tux.

"Luc," I say slipping into my shoes. "How does daddy look? Think your mama will like this?"