Ch. 36

I believe this song fills the setting toward the ending
__

Giovanni's pov:
"What do you mean you lost them?" I yell into the phone. "You had one task and one task only, how can you fail it? I get your vendetta against Elizabeth for being with Lester but you should've put that aside because if anything happens to eight of them, you're at fault," I yell into the phone before ending the phone call.

After getting everything Leo asked for, we had just gotten off from and emergency flight to Jersey.

"I know where they are," Lester says grabbing the two bags. "I put a small tracker inside of Elizabeth's suitcase, I can locate her now."

"Then what're you waiting for?" I ask impatiently. "Locate her, god d-mn it"
__

"Find a back window or whatever you can and no matter what, I want our girls and the boys out," I say to Adriana. "Understood?" She nods her head in response.

"Adriana.." I say not bothering to fully face her.

"Hmm?" She says stopping in her tracks.

"No matter what, just bring Nadiyah back to me," I whisper instantly feeling bad for what came out of my mouth. It was the truth.

I loved Luc and as his father, I always would. Me and Nadiyah created him, together. But Nadiyah is the love of my life and I would loose everything before I ever lost her again.

"Forgive me this one time, Nadiyah," I whisper to myself.

"Okay, it's you and me, I go in and you support me for back up, don't open fire unless necessary and keep your eye out for Adriana."

"Go it," Lester says loading his gun. "We're gonna get the mother f-cker."

We walk in through the door and open it without knocking startling a man in front of us. He is heavy set but average height and looked like be belonged out somewhere loosing weight not in an upcoming mafia group.

"Rise your f-cking hands, where is Leo?" Lester whispers pointing his gun at the man's head. "Lie and I'll blow your head off."

The man points to a room upstairs. Before finally speaking. "Boss stays up there."

"The girls, where are they?" I ask approaching him.

He points to a room downstairs. "That way."

"Good, stay here," Lester says backing away. "Do you want to check the upstairs while I check down along with him?" He asks.

"No, let's go together," I motion for upstairs.

"Come on," Lester says still holding the gun to the guys head.

We climb up the stairs and come to a room that looked more like an office.

"You're here," Leo says turning to face us. "I hope you brought everything like we agreed on."

"Where is Nadiyah?" I ask. I want to punch him or throw across a wall or something. Anything to get him back for what he did to Nadiyah. The sound of her screaming in pain and whimpering out my name haunted me to the point where I felt as if I was being suffocated to death.

"Hand me the stuff and I'll hand her over," he says approaching us. Before he can reach for it, I grab the gun behind my back and shoot him right in the arm causing him to fumble back in pain.

Lester takes that as his opportunity to shoot the guy charging at me in the leg causing him to fall over himself on himself with a loud thud.

"Giovanni," Nadiyah screams falling into my arms. The gun drops and for a minute it feels as if we're the only two in the world. Her arms wrap around my body and it takes everything in me not to squeeze her to death.

"You're okay," I whisper as I feel her tears wetting my shirt. "I'm here now, Diyah."

She grips onto me tighter. "I thought he was gonna hurt you or kill you," she says with sadness in her voice. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you Giovanni, I was so scared."

"Shh," I say trying to calm her dowm. "Don't be, I promised to protect you, didn't I?"

She slowly begins to pull away and only then do I see her face and how bruised up it is. There seems to be both punch marks and makes of places she'd been kicked at. Her soft light coffee color skin is now a mixture of blue and purple.

"Diyah.." I whisper cupping her face with my hands. It pains me just staring at her in this state.

She must notice my staring because she puts her head down slowly. "It's not as bad as is looks, trust me," she whispers.

"Look at me," I say rising her head up. "I'm gonna make that son of a b-tch wish he never put his hands on you, he will pay for what he did to you."

Her response is a sad smile before I finally bring my lips to hers. That's the only comfort I knew how to give her and wanted back from her in return.

The salt taste of her tears fill my mouth as she finally begins to relax and recognizes that she's safe."

"I love you," I say once we pull away.

I know it now. This is the woman I love and want to spend the rest of my forever with. She is the one who makes me want to change for the better and is the only one I want. Not Kat, not Ina, just her and her alone.

"I love you-" her eyes enlarge and her breathing begins to speed up.

"WHAT?" I ask trying to focus her attention back to be. She continues to look straight ahead finally causing me to.

I turn around slowly.

"Goodbye," Leo says wickedly before BAMM!!

The gun goes off and there's blood everywhere.

__

So.. um.. do you expect the love of your life to love you more than your child? If so, how is or isn't that okay? I wanna know what you guys think.