Ch. 48

I'm removed from my thoughts by the banging on the door as a frantic Elizabeth, stands waiting for me to open the door.

"I'm sorry I al-"

Giovanni I-" a breathless Elizabeth comes into the car shaking me. "She's here."

"Who's here?" I ask locking the door. Her blonde hairs falls across her face as she tries to steady her breathing lax

"Nadiyah," she says taking a deep breath. "Nadiyah is here, I swear it's her."

My heart beat stops.

"Nadiyah?" I ask. "Where??" I say starting the car. "Just tell me where to go," I say not needing to be told to do it. I speed through the cars and am right behind the car.

"Keep following it," she says pointing to a black car. "I swear it's her, it's Nadiyah."

"Did she say anything to you? About where she's been and why she's been gone for so long???" I ask looking back at Luc.

This was it.

I suddenly felt as if my life had a purpose once again. Everything was going to be okay. Luc and I.. we were going to be okay.

"She seemed as if she had no idea who I was or like she was in a rush to go somewhere," she says bucking up. "And then she walked away into the car."

We follow the car until she gets dropped off. Slowly, the same curls from earlier come across and now I know for sure those were it. She comes into view and the sight of her takes me away. I stop the car and immediately run to her.

"Nadiyah," I whisper and she turns around. In nothing but a large shirt and sweats, she looked nothing short of perfect and made my heart stop just looking at her.

She's in my arms before I can say anything else. I take her smell. The smell I missed so much, the smell of Nadiyah.

"I've missed you so much, Nadiyah.." I slowly pull away and the smile on my face slowly fades by the terrified look on hers.

"Who are you?"