Ch. 50

Giovnni's pov:
She stares at me with nothing but hatred and I can feel everything I hoped for crushing. This wasn't suppose and yet here we were.

The woman I love no longer loved me. She forgot about me. She was in the arms of the man I hated. Calling him her husband and doing everything she should've with me, with him.

What hurt the most is the blank stare she gave Luc. As if not over four months ago, he wasn't her world, who she cherished most in the world.

That bastard..

"Nadiyah," Elizabeth says taking a step towards her. "You have to listen to Giovanni, what he's saying is the truth. Leo must've done something to you to cause you to loose your memory."

"No," Nadiyah says shaking her head. "I don't know who you are lady but take one more step towards me and I'll hurt you."

"I don't care if you hurt me," Elizabeth says frantically. "Giovanni has done so much just to finally be with you again and if only you remembered what type of man he is.."

"Shut up," Nadiyah says covering her ears. "I know what type of man he is and if it weren't for the mere fact that there is a child involved, I would have already called my husband."

That word is like a stab to the heart. I was suppose to be her husband.

"Please try to understand," I say finally. "I know there has to be a small part of you that remembers or feels as if something isn't right."

She raises her hand and a look comes over her face. One I hadn't seen in a long, long time.

"Look at this ring," she says pointing to it. "The day I become his wife is the day we made a vow to love and protect each other, now I've already told you, the only reasons I won't end your life here and now, and trust me, there is nothing I want more than to kill you, is simply because of that child."

"Nadiyah.."

"Stop saying my name," she says with an annoyed look on her face. "What do you want? Seriously? Aren't you the least bit afraid of what Leo would do to you if he found you here?"

"No," I say handing Luc to Elizabeth. "I'm not afraid of Leonardo or what he could possibly do because he's already destroyed me."

"Destroyed?" She asks taking a step toward me. She laughs and her face gets serious once again. "I don't remember my life before four months ago because of you. I don't remember when my husband and I first met or our wedding or-"

"Because none of that never happened," I say reaching to touch her. "Please just try to-"

"Shut up," she says now face to face with me. "Leo is the most gentle man ever and if it weren't for him getting in the way and taking that shot for me, I would have died by your hands."

"No," I say softly. "That isn't what happened-"

"Why?" She asks now sadness coming over her face. "What could he have ever done to you for you to kill his family and then attempt to kill his wife? Huh?" She asks poking at my chest. "Just what is it that you want from my husband?"

"I didn't-"

She cuts me off once again and takes a deep breath. "Because of him, I'm alive today and because of him, I'm willing to kill you, there is nothing I want more than to kill you at this very moment." Her voice suddenly got low and dangerous. She leans in close to me and whispers. "And when I do get the chance once again, I won't hesitate. The gun will go straight from your chest and end your life."

"You love him that much?" I ask."That you would be willing to kill for him, you love him that much huh?"

It was sinking in. My Nadiyah was definitely gone. This wasn't her. I lost the love of my life. Because of Leo, I lost the only woman that ever made me truly and utterly happy.

"I love him enough that I would be killing to kill and die for him," she says finally pulling away. "Now, leave, this is the last time I will say this."

"Nadiyah-" I raise my hand to silence Elizabeth. What was the point? She was under his control. Nothing we could say or do would ever get through her head. Neither Elizabeth, I, or Luc could convince her.

"But Giovanni.."

"It's pointless," I say sadly. "She's gone.." I take Luc from her hands and she slowly nods her head before turning for the door.

"Just remember one thing," I say turning to face Nadiyah. "I love you, I don't care whether or not you believe it but it's true. I've loved you since the day I met you and will continue to until my Nadiyah comes back to me." I look down at Luc. "Comes down to us."

She takes her belongings off the ground and walks inside, not bothering to turn back around to us.

Luc extends his hand out before bringing it back to his side.

"Mama!"