Ch. 42

I wake up and quickly shower before dressing and going downstairs to get whatever the hotel has to offer.

"You could've asked me to bring you food," says the server from the night before scaring me.

"Oh, its you," I say zipping my sweater up. "I didn't want to be a bother."

We chat over room service. Although he was only nineteen, he held the face of someone much older and knew how to keep a convo going. After thirty minutes of talking, he gets a call from the front desk and leaves.

I take that as my opportunity to grab my purse and begin.

After getting a cab to to me to the first location, I find nothing there but an old house. I knock on the door, making sure that the gun is in close reach to me.

An elderly lady opens the door and stares back me.

"Hi," I say awkwardly.

"Hello, can I help?" She asks. Her voice is old and slow as I would've expected.

"I was looking for someone, he's not here."

"About a month ago," she says starting off into space. "A young man came and said the same thing."

"Who was he?"

"I believe it was a Jewish name."

"A Jewish name?"

Abraham.

"Abraham?"

"I think it was Abraham," she says looking back at me. "Yes, Abraham. He came looking for my Leonardo."

__

After a cup of coffee and some Italian sweets, Rose finally sits down on her couch. As far as she was concerned, I was an old friend looking for him. She has no clue of what he does and I wasn't going to break her heart and tell her.

"I haven't seen Leandro since the death of his father, my son Danzo."

"How did his father die?"

"He and Leonardo's younger brother Axel were both killed in a shooting, it tore my family apart."

The shooting Leo told me about..

"To this day, Leonardo hasn't come to visit his old mama not once but not a day goes by that I don't think of him," she says. A tear falls down her face.

"Ms. Rose, do you know where Leo could be now?"

After a long waited silence she nods.

"Yes."

"Where?" I ask sitting down my tea.

"He is," she stares off into space before looking back at me. "I'm sorry, what did you ask?"

"Leandro, where is he?"

"Ah, my grandson," she says smiling. "He looks so much like his father, I haven't seen him in so long."

"Yes, but you said you know where he is, where is he??" I ask impatiently.

"I," a sad look comes over her face. "I don't know, he hasn't come to see me since his fathers death."

"Fuck," I say under my breath.

She must have Alzheimer's.

Just then a small car pulls into the parkway and Rose stands up looking through the see through curtains.

"Look, its Leandro," she says looking through the curtain. She waves at him with a smile over her face. He waves back at her with what seems to be medications in his hands.

He opens the door and freezes at the sight of me holding a gun over his grandmother's head.

"Hello, Leonardo."

__

Shit . . Is . . Getting . . Real 😈 BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS MFs!!