Ch. 87

"We should head over to Victor's so that it is explained the right way," my father says.

"No, explain it to me here and now," I say sternly. "What do you mean my 'real parents'? Avenge whose death? This.. this doesn't make any sense."

"I'll wait for you in the car," he says grabbing a key off of the table.

"Abraham.." I say facing him. "What's going on-"

"Come on," he says taking my hand into his. "Let's go."

"No, what is going on? What does he mean?" I ask not moving. "Luc-"

"It'll all make sense soon," he says pulling me.

We get into the car and drive to the Bianchi family house. All the lights are turned on and Abraham enters the code to get into the house.

"Nadiyah," Giovanni says just before he walks up the stairs. "What are-"
__

You have to be kidding me," I say sitting down on the chair. "No.. you're lying to me. Dad tell me he's lying?" I say staring between the four of them.

"It's the truth," my father says shaking his head. The man I thought was my father all these years that I'd grown up.

"Lester," I say rushing over to him. "They're lying to me, right? It's all a lie to get me to come back home, huh?"

He, like everyone else, only has a look of pity on his face as he shakes his head. "I'm sorry, Nadiyah."

"Bullshit," I say facing everyone. "I won't let anyone lay a hand on my son."

"Nadiyah," Abraham says speaking up finally. "No one is saying anything about hurting Luc, no one wants to hurt Luc but for now you have to understand that-"

"That my son is going to have to grow up and be a mafia leader because of some oath my actual father made?" I ask. "A man that I don't even know myself is who's behind this?"

"This won't be until years from now when Luc is old enough to make his own decisions-"

"Twenty," the man I thought was my father says. "No later than the age of twenty was the promise I made."

"So you're also behind this?" I ask accusingly. "And what did happen to him, my real father?"

"Stefanó," he says standing up. "That was his real name. He was a good man.. I worked under him sorta like Giovanni and Lester," he says pointing towards Giovanni who's too lost in his own world to pay any attention to the story being told.

"I needed the money and he needed the men. Stefanó was a greedy man though, the more he killed, the happier he got. The happier he got, the more money we would get. Ironically enough, there was only one thing that could soothe him down, a woman, your birth mother, Elaine."

"M-my birth mother?" I ask. "So.."

"Yes, Avery isn't your real mother."

"Then how is it that we look so much alike?" I ask. "You're lying to me."

"Your mother and Avery were cousins-"