Ch. 47

Giovanni's pov:
"You're doing the right thing," my father says patting my back. "This is what's best for yourself and everyone else, don't stay there too long. We need you here."

I shrug off his touch and buckle Luc into his seat before getting in the car as well. Going back to the main house was the last thing I wanted to do. That house held so many memories.

Our first kiss, our love making, our separation, and even finding out about Luc all happened in that house alone.

"I'm staying there until I feel like I can leave Luc, so don't think that I'm doing what you've asked of me."

"Okay," he says sighing. "Visit your mother while you're there, take Luc with you, maybe even Jess."

"Jess has her mother," I say starting at the car that she was in. "Luc is my top priority right now."

The car takes off and Elizabeth stares at me for a while before pulling out something from her pocket. Whatever it was, I had to wait because I needed a break from reality for a second.

"Don't say anything," I say leaning my head against the seat. "I want to enjoy the silence for as long as I can."

We load our belongings into the plane and before I know it we're on the plane and taking off. Luc stays awake the entire plane ride and because of that, I stay awake as well.

When the plane lands, Alberto, a former driver of mine picks us up and drives us straight to the house without saying anything.

Everything seems so.. familiar. Depressing and yet I felt as if I could feel her. This is where it all began, this is where our story unfolded, where Luc was conceived.

I lay Luc down on the floor and head upstairs to a room. Our room as I would say it. The room everything happened in.

I sigh as I look at the bed. The same bed that.. my thoughts begin to cloud me with memories of everything that happened between her and I in this very same room and I crawl into the bed and fall asleep to the thought of her.
__
This song fills the them for the second half of this chapter.

"I love you, Giovanni," she says placing a soft kiss on my lips. "Always have and always will."

"Nadiyah I-"

"I know," she says giggling. "Let's not talk about that right now. Just.." her voice trails off as an amused look comes on her face. "Let's play tag."

"Tag?" I ask confused. "Why would we-"

Before I can finish my sentence, she's run away with her red dress sweeping behind her.

"Nadiyah," I say turning around, a hand lands on my back and just as I turn around, she's gone.

"You have to be faster than that my love," she whispers in my ear. Her voice alone sends me into bliss.

"What happens when I catch you?" I ask turning around.

"You'll get to have me," she says. "Isn't that what you want?"

"More than anything," I say closing my eyes. I can feel her presence as she moves across from me and the scene seems something out of a movie.

"Got you," I say holding onto her hand. "You were always slow."

She giggles and somehow my grip loosens and she slips right out of my hand. "You've got to be quicker than that."

"No, you have to be quicker," I say holding onto her hand. "You can't get away from me that easily."

She leans against my body and just as our lips are about to touch I feel myself being shaken.

"Daddy," Jess says standing up. "My baby brother won't stop crying."

"Luca?" I ask standing up. "Shit," I mutter as I run downstairs.

A frightened Luca stares at me and beings to crawl towards me. "What's wrong? Are you hungry?" I ask walking towards the kitchen.

"You're so good with him," Kat says walking beside him. "He's lucky to at least have you"

"I'm all he has," I say heating the milk up. "It's not luck."

Just then Elizabeth walks into the kitchen, dressed up, unlike the pair of sweats she had on half an hour ago.

"Take me to the store, Giovanni."

"Why not ask a driver?" I ask standing up. "I don't want to leave-"

"Giovanni, stop being paranoid and get some fresh air," she says folding her arms. "We are going to the store for baby food, without the kids."

"No," I say shaking my head. "I'm not leaving Luc."

"Will you at least take me?" She asks hopefully. "Get some fresh air, be anywhere but here and take him if it makes you comfortable."

"Sure," I say accepting.

I grab the keys and set Luc in his car seat before finally driving to the store. Everything was as I left it.

"Are you going to come in?" She asks opening her car door.

"No," I say laying my head against the chair. "I'll stay here."

I close my eyes for a second and only open them when a head of bouncy curls come into my view. The figure walks into the store and the temptation of wanting to walk in to the store comes over me.

No. Curly hair was something normal.. there were tons of women with curly hair. This was crazy, if I chased after every woman with curly hair, half of the women in the world would be on my lists.

"Nadiyah.." I whisper to myself.

"Mama," Luc says as if he understands.

"Yeah," I say smiling. "Mama."
__

1) Chapter 45 is suppose to be like that. I thought it was simple enough instead of writing about everything that happened over the course of three months.

2) As far as everyone but me is concerned, NADIYAH IS DEAD. At this point in the book. Is she really? Who knows. But I feel for you guys so I wouldn't exactly "kill" her. So then what happened? Again, who knows? Lol
*evil laugh*

3) Ranking of #160 in romance, can we give ourselves a round of applause? This started off as a late night write and now it's turned into a book 😏❤️.