Chapter 38

"manik, i know there are lot of questions going on in your mind right now about last night but i dont have answers for any. And im really sorry for how i behaved last night i..i ....." her speech was cut by a peck on her lips which caught her offguard and left her eyes wide open.

Nandini turned towards manik with a shocked expression but manik had a cool dude attitude looking at front.

" manik what was that" nandini asked him.

" what" he asked casually.

" just now ..." before she could complete manik spoke.

" you were telling something and suddenly you stopped, umm why so??" Asked with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Nandini opened her mouth to say something but closed it like a fish as it was embarrassing to talk about that and more over it was soo quick that  nandini started thinking again about peck that was it real or not.
Manik understood her dilemma and internally chuckled. Nandini lifted her right hand and touched her lips to make sure that she wasn't dreaming.

"What are you thinking" manik asked her with a smirk.

" wo ...nothing nothing " nandini said amidst her blush. It was the first time manik saw her blushing which amused him.

"but your blushing now" he couldnt stop his teasing session cause he was enjoying her state.

" no who ..who said im blushing, noP, not at all" said popping P of nop, her cute chubby cheeks were making manik control hard not to kiss her senseless like last time. But he was here for some other talk so he stopped himself. 

" oki oki fine i take that, you are not blushing. i Got it" said to ease her situation as she was trying hard not to blush and to find words to deny him.

Nandini sighed and mentally slapped herself for talking about that topic soo openly. Looking at manik who was teasing her like that, she confirmed that he did peck.

There was a silence as both were finding words to start the conversation.

Manik took nandinis left hand in his right hand and intervened them. Nandini wasnt surprised by his act as they had done this before too but she was bit uncomfortable remembering the kiss they shared. Then she remembered maniks confession about how he needed that kiss to happen. She could see manik getting jealous when ever she mention other boys name but she couldn't figure out what was really happening. Love ?? ..no way she is going to step into anything like that. Yes !! She realised that she was and is attracted to manik and also knew that even he is attracted to her. But will this last long. Will he be interested in her if he gets to know what she had done in her past. These were the questions running in her mind.

" nandini you dont need to explain about last night, you were having a weak moment thats it. You dont need to feel uncomfortable as i never did when you saw me in my weak moment. Soo dont stress yourself on that matter" manik said looking at her with reassuring smile.

Nandini smiled back, thinking  how manik understood her situation and much to her luck he didnt even ask the reason.

" looking at you last night im damn sure you have faced something horrible in your past but since the time i have met you, you were like smiling all the time and playing pranks on everyone, trust me no one will give a second thought that you might have been though something bad in your life, why do you hide your pain" manik asked her.

Nandini let out a sad chuckle "so what i should do manik, sit and cry all day or break things like you do" she asked him turning her head towards him.