chapter 41

"Im responsible for someone's death" Nandini answered breathing hard.

Manik was numb as if his whole life history came back crashing towards him listening to nandini. He closed his eyes to wash off those horrible memory and tried on concentrate on nandini.

" what do you mean" manik asked her cupped her cheeks. Her eyes filled with tears but not only that, her eyes were filled with unbearable pain which she had kept in her heart all the while. Her hands started shivering which made manik worried.

"Nandini just let it out, im with you alright and i will be no matter what" he said putting his hands around her waist and pulled her close. She kept her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his stomach. Manik cocooned her safely in his arms.

"Naira" this word slipped out of nandinis mouth. Manik closed his eyes to compose himself. His past was hitting him hard listening to her.

"What happened to her" manik asked softly kissing her head lightly.

"I lost her because of me, im the reason for her death..its all because of me" nandini started ranting amidst of her tears. Manik rubbed her arms to calm her down. His own heart was burning with unbearable flame. But he knew its his time to be strong for her.

" shhhh!!! Calm down" he said calming her down saying sweet but nothing in her ears.

Nandini closed her eyes and let her tears slip out of her eyes. She clutched maniks shirt in her fist to calm down the pain her heart was going through. They stayed like that for a while. Manik didnt force her to speak. Calming herself, telling herself that she has to be strong, she started speaking.

"I was the happiest person manik, i had everything my parents were and are my strength. They love me more then anything and support me in every thing. They never questioned me about my friends gang. Since childhood i had 3 bestiies, we four used to rule the school. Me, Naira, Aju, Pulkith." Nandini spoke controlling her tears. Manik was smoothing her by rubbing her arm. He noticed the way she told pulkit's name with disgust, he got confused.

"Naira, she was soo beautiful manik. She was such a sweetheart. She cared for me like a small sister and loved me to the core. She was kinda reserved and shy person. Her father died when we were young. She had only her mother shaila aunty. Aunty was like a sister to my dad." Nandini said muffling a cry. Manik cringed his eyebrows and spoke.

"What do you mean aunty was " manik asked cupping her cheeks.
"She passed away 3 days back" nandini told as tears made their way. Manik now understood why nandini was soo weak 2 days back. He wiped her tears soo that she could continue.

" Naira and pulkit were 2 years elder then me and aju. Aju was my best friend and my bodyguard. He was the sweetest person i have ever known. He lived with his parents and pulkit stayed in his mansion alone with workers. Pulkit belonged to very rich family. His mom died while giving birth to him and his dad lived here in mumbai " nandini told closing her eyes to stop her tears.

"I knew Naira and pulkit had feelings for each other infact i was like cupid for their love manik. You know naira naa, she was always jealous of me cause of my behavior. Because of my carefree and cool attitude many students in the college were my friends, they loved spending time with me. i knew nearly half of the college. She was not only jealous but also loved my character. You know why im still like this, thats because of her. I remember her telling me 'never let go of your character, never change your self for anyone or for any situation. I love you like this, always smiling and making others smile'. Her words still ring in my ears manik. But everything changed on that day, all happened when that person came back" nandini told wiping her tears. Her pained expression turned into hatred expression. Her eyes spitting fire remembering those days.