chapter 51

Next morning ..

Nandini was getting ready to attend Rishab's birthday, both manik and mukti were unaware of this fact. She wore a simply leggings and kurthi (long top). After applying light makeup she came down and found mukti fiddling with her purse kind off finding something. She went near mukti and tapped on her shoulder. Mukti jumped a bit at sudden contact.

"God, nandu you scared me" mukti said keeping her hand on her heart.

"Chill I won't eat you, as far as I know your graduation is day after tomorrow soo why did you get ready so elegantly today" Nandini said making a suspicious face just to enjoy mukti's fumbling. Mukti looked everywhere except nandini, she certainly hated lying to her loved ones but she didnt want Nandini to get upset.

"Ummm ....I'm going on date with abhi after college so" mukti said with a nervous smile looking around.

"Ohh really umm...that's good but I wanted to see your college so can I come with you today " Nandini said enjoying mukti's condition. She felt bad though, but how can she leave such an awesome opportunity to see her friend getting all nervous.

"Do...don't you have college today" mukti asked getting all nervous. She didn't want to say no but rishab's birthday was more important right now.

"Yeah ! I do but I'm bunking so chill" Nandini said in carefree attitude.

"No, you shouldn't bunk your college Nandu. Go have your breakfast and leave for college" mukti said in fake authoritative voice.

Nandini smiled...

"Oki baba I will go, don't get so worked up " Nandini said keeping her hand on muktis shoulder stopping her teasing session.

Mukti gave a weak smile.

"Oki then I will leave take care bye" mukti said.

"Ba-bye" Nandini waved with an innocent smile.

Mukti came out of the house and heaved a sigh. Shaking her head she went to hospital.

As mukti went, manik came down. Looking at manik Nandini smiled yet innocently. Manik cringed his eyebrows at her innocent face. 'What is she upto' thought ran in his mind as he forced out a smile.

"Manik your going to office haa" Nandini asked grabbing her toast.

"Hospital Nandini, today is rishu's birthday" manik said raising his eyebrow before sitting on chair.

He grabbed his toast and Nandini smiled at his act.

"Ohh yeah I totally forgot" Nandini acted innocently as if she didn't remember at all.

"What is going on in your mind" manik asked in 'don't-act-innocently-infront-of-me' look.

"What !! In my mind...pfftt...nothing" Nandini said shrugging her shoulder waving her hand in air.

Manik raised his eyebrows at her.

"Why do I feel like you are upto something !!" Manik said eyeing her suspiciously.

"Who?? me!! little innocent me!!" Nandini said patting her eyelashes innocently.

"Now I'm 100% sure" manik murmured to himself.

Both ate their breakfast and manik bid bye.

Nandini knew manik won't go inside the room and attend the birthday party either he will stand outside or near that window where he made Nandini stand and see.

After manik left, Nandini took her clutch and left the house. on her way she brought a watch as gift for Rishab. She reached hospital and went in looking here and there so that manik won't get to know at least not so soon. If manik sees Nandini outside he won't let her in as everyone will ask nandini how she got to know and manik would get tensed thinking about what lie Nandini will feed them. For her luck manik wasn't there, he might be near doctor or something she thought cause saw maniks car downstairs.