chapter 70(B)-part 2

Nandini

I starred at dad in fear, shit ! We are so done. I know that look on his face 'better tell me the truth or consequences won't be good'. When I said I got my curious cat tendency from my father, I wasn't lying and from the look of manik I just hope he doesn't freaks out and starts stuttering.

"Umm... we ... Nandini and I ...we .." he began. Just what I expected.
Wait a second ! What are we ?

Boyfriend and girlfriend ?

He never asked me to be his girlfriend !

Temporary fling ?

I don't think so !

Lovers ?

But we never said 'I love you ' to each other !

If I say I don't love him, I know you guys will come running after me with slippers in your hands. So yeah...

I love him.

I do , I never told him not that I don't want too, It's just that I want him to say first. Like any normal girl, even I dreamed of my boyfriend confessing his undeniably love for me in a special occasion.

With so much going on in our life, we never got time to go all romantic and stuff. If we get time, we would cuddle and find peace in each other arms. But now that my dad is asking I don't want to lie to him. I already feel guilty for hiding this from him but no more. But the question is what should I tell him ?

"We...we .." oh god ! This guy.

"We are dating " I exclaimed.

Thank god ! I got a word to explain our 'relationship'.

"WHAT" this response was from our parents but one shocking thing is even maniks voice was included.

"We are ?" he asked looking at me confused. Idiot.

"Then what are we ?" I took intimidating steps towards him.

"Yes we are ! we are dating " He exclaimed pulling me close and turned me towards my dad.

I.Will.Kill.Him.

"When did this happen ?" Raj uncle came front and stood next to dad who was starring at my face ...as if he was finding something..what ? I'll never know.

"Ummm... it's been quite a while" manik said rubbing his nape. I turned towards our friends who were sitting on sofa, enjoying the show with a creepy grin on their face only popcorn was missing.

I gave them a stink eye.

"Is it true ?" My mom came with Nyo aunty beside her. Both had a glint in their eyes making me confused.

"Yeah " I said with uncertainty, scared of their reaction.

"Oh my god ! Oh my god ! Latha finally our dream came true" Nyo aunty exclaimed hugging the life out of my mom who was ecstatic as well.

Ok-ay ...

"What the hell is going on ?" My dad and Raj uncle exclaimed. I scratched my head and gave a questioning look to manik who shrugged in response.

"You guys know how much I love Nandini, since her birth I was so attached to her. One day when we went to Bangalore, Nandu saw Maniks photo on my mobile who was 17 at that time. She gushed how cute he was, that's when a seed of hope grew in us that how it would be if manik and nandini got together in future ?. When I told Latha even she had same thoughts but then Naira's incident took place and we lost our happy and smiling Nandu, we thought of introducing Manik to Nandu so that they can bond atleast become friends but Manik and Mukti never came with us to Bangalore and Nandu never visited Mumbai. Then Rishu's incident happened and Manik was in bad place. Then soha came into Manik's life, Nandu wasn't even ready to let anyone in her life. She always stayed alone and we thought this will just remain as our dream so we left everything to destiny " Nyo aunty exclaimed. I gasped at her. Did she and mom really ...oh god !.