1. Begin

A/N - SCREW IT. I'm starting this now. I'm way too excited for this story. Imma be able to handle two books at a time dun worry huns

 Imma be able to handle two books at a time dun worry huns

"An evil force has risen. In order to defeat it, you must find and gather the seven wonders."

You were jolted awake, your forehead hitting the bottom of the top bunk in the process. You rubbed your forehead in pain and sighed. You've been having the same dream every night for the past few months and it itself was a mystery to you. It was always exactly the same, a hooded girl muttering those words, then you would see a flash of purple, which will cause you to wake up.

"Had that dream again?"

You turned around and saw Emily bending from her bed, her long brown nearly flowing down to the floor. You stared at her hair in jealousy and felt your rough, shoulder-length silver hair. Yes, silver. You were born with silver hair, resulting in the other kids of the orphanage calling you an "elderly child" or "freak." However, Emily didn't think so. She was your one and only friend in the orphanage.

"How did you know?," You still kept rubbing your forehead to ease the pain. You then took your alarm clock and saw that you had woken up thirty minutes earlier than your usual wake up time. You shrugged, at least you could head to the bathroom first.

"I could tell by how your head collided with my bed," Emily said sarcastically before jumping off the bed and sitting next to you. She frowned when she saw your swelling forehead. "Damn, was the dream that bad?"

"It just surprised me, that's it," You were about to rub your forehead again, when Emily held your hand to stop you.

"Don't," Emily gently placed your hand back on your lap. "It will hurt you more if you touch it. Let me get you some ice."

You smiled as you watched Emily walk away and disappear into the kitchen. You remembered the first time you met her, after you were just brought to the orphanage, both of you were really shy and wouldn't say anything to each other. Even though you were roommates, each day would be spent in silence. Now, after living together for ten years, you two were closer than two halves of an apple and were now called the noisiest duo in the orphanage.

One of the rules of the stated was that any child has the freedom to leave and live on their own after turning eighteen. You were seventeen, turning eighteen in a few months and in all honesty, you didn't want to leave because of two reasons. One, Emily was a year younger than you, which that you were going to leave her alone. This was a big no-no for you, especially because of the bullies who tend to pick on you both when no superiors were around. Two, where would you go? You had no family outside, since your orphanage was your home, so leaving would just make you homeless... and alone

Weirdly, you had no memory of your childhood before you were sent to the orphanage. You had no idea who your parents were and there was no information of who you really were. According to Emily, you were easily frightened when you were little and the doctors said it was because of something you experienced before you met her. Since the trauma caused you to keep your mouth shut, the head nun named you Sky, since you were always caught looking at the sky whenever you were outside.