16. Thunder

Yoongi coughed, blood dripping down the corner of his mouth, and clutched his bleeding shoulder

Yoongi coughed, blood dripping down the corner of his mouth, and clutched his bleeding shoulder. Despite how tired he was, he still stood up and did his best to summon flames on his palms, which were weak because of his current state.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was making a forcefield around Yoongi and himself, since Shay was shooting out a powerful beam from her staff. Blood was dripping down his nose and he was starting to feel dizzy but he continued to make the forcefield, knowing that the beam would obliterate both him and Yoongi if he didn't. Fresh cuts were all over his face and he already lost count of how long he and Yoongi had been fighting Shay.

Noticing that Taehyung's legs were starting to wobble, Yoongi immediately walked towards him and supported him by leaning on his back. "Taehyung, I think that's enough, you're starting to tire out."

"Are you stupid?," Taehyung hissed, wiping his bloody nose with his sleeve. He looked over his shoulder and gave Yoongi a piercing glare. "If I stop now, we'll both die."

Yoongi fell silent, knowing very well that Taehyung was right. In the span of the time that they have been brawling with Shay, he learned that she was much stronger than him and Taehyung combined. It was impossible to beat her, especially since Yoongi was still an amateur when it came to his powers. Taehyung? He wasn't so sure... He seemed like he was familiar with his powers but at the same time, wasn't, which really confused Yoongi.

"I have a plan," Taehyung suddenly said, snapping Yoongi out of his thoughts. "But I don't think you'll like it."

"In our situation right now, any plan will do," Yoongi stood up with a grunt of pain, noticing that Taehyung's forcefield was starting to falter. He gulped, they didn't have much time left.

Taehyung looked over his shoulder, his eyes a dark shade of purple, mouth slightly open, revealing his pointed fangs. He was taking deep breaths, the metallic taste of his own blood tickling his taste buds. The corners of lips curved into a sly smirk before he faced Shay, who was still shooting out a powerful beam. "Duck."

At first, Yoongi didn't understand, not until Taehyung jumped out of his line of sight, the forcefield disappearing, and Shay's beam coming dangerously fast towards him. Thanks to his instincts, Yoongi was able to duck and roll, the beam merely burning the tips of his grey hair. The beam shot through the concrete wall, penetrating through the building and disintegrating anything in its path. The trees and grass outside were a charred black and Yoongi thought that it would be ironic if he, the bearer of the fire gem, was burned to death.

"Uhm, I don't know but couldn't you have given me a clearer hint of your plan?!," Yoongi was upside down, butt on the wall and face on the ground, while Taehyung gracefully landed on his two feet. What the heck, is he some kind of ballerina?

Taehyung rolled his eyes and brushed the dust off his jeans as Yoongi stood up and rolled his shoulders. "You should be thanking me. Also, if you were in a near-death situation, would you coherently think of the proper words to say?"