85. Lesson

Namjoon was sure that he had quite literally lost his mind

When Medusa's venom had fully consumed him, it felt like she had pulled out his brain and stuffed something else in it. Namjoon could feel his bones shifting as the poison coursed through his vines. He could see himself run across the field in all fours as one command looped in his mind like a broken record— Kill Jimin.

Namjoon tried his best to fight it back. No matter how much effort he put into it, the orders would always echo in his mind whenever he was close to being free and it only caused him to fall deeper in control. He wanted to cry when he started to strangle Jimin and even with the short moment of him overcoming the venom, the only thing he could tell the thunder gem bearer was to run.

It only led to one possibility to save Jimin and that was to kill himself instead. When it came to this, Namjoon didn't really care if it ruined the prophecy of the seven wonders. If it was the only way to save the man he had given his whole life to, then it didn't matter if he lost his own in the process.

Namjoon thought it was ironic that his sorrow could break through the venom. He remembered seeing his own tears drip down Jimin's face as he was electrocuted. The earth gem bearer could still clearly hear his last thoughts— He loved Jimin so much and wished he had used that last moment to pour his heart out to him.

What Namjoon didn't expect was for him to wake up minutes later due to the sudden sting in his chest. Of course, the earth gem bearer initially thought that he had already ascended. Then he saw the corpses of Medusa and Belladonna and was sure this wasn't heaven.

Chim? was the first thing Namjoon mustered out, still in shock at how he survived a thousand volts of electricity. But when Jimin willingly gave him a kiss, suddenly nothing else mattered. Only one thing was important and it was the man in his arms, the one person he loved so dear.

And Jimin loved him back, he said so himself. For a moment, Namjoon considered the fact that he really was in heaven. Then again, they were probably just two fools in love.

"Taehyung and Jungkook are what?!," Jimin screamed just as the thunder rumbled from above and snapped Namjoon back into reality.

As the cold rain started to shower Namjoon, he turned towards Emily and Sangdol and tightened his grip around Jimin's waist. Yeontan was whimpering and shivering in between her legs.

Before Emily could reply, however, lightning struck the ground next to Sangdol, which caused to rear and panic for a bit. Namjoon lunged towards Jimin and shielded him with his body without hesitation. Thankfully, neither of them were hurt.

Namjoon noticed that Jimin's gem was flashing in between purple and yellow once more. He tightly grabbed the thunder gem bearer's wrist. "Jimin, we can't stay out here!"