90. Warning

Emily hissed angrily

Emily hissed angrily. The chilly air made her shiver and the cuffs around her wrists were starting to burn her skin. It didn't help that the Helian soldier "guarding" her had an uncomfortably tight grip around her waist. She could already see Jin's glares in her head.

Truthfully, Emily could beat the crap out of this perverted soldier if she wanted to but she didn't want the Helians to have a reason to hurt Jin. Since the water gem bearer's magic was being restricted, he couldn't heal. That meant there was a higher chance of him—

Emily didn't want that. She'd rather resist this Helian creep for hours and hours on end instead of having Jin get hurt because of her. Hearing the clinking of the arrows in her quiver, the protector groaned as her wrists continued to burn.

Even for Emily, she was impressed by Yoongi's bravery to stand up to the Helian like that. Especially when the fire gem bearer bit a part of the soldier's nose off, the protector was struck with awe. Although she was a fighter, that was a scenario she never thought of or wanted to put herself into— mainly because she hated the taste of blood.

Emily thought about how high the stakes were. With you and the wonders unable to use magic, there was no other choice but to follow the Helian army's orders. She honestly thought that General Jisoo was alright, since she wasn't as harsh, but she definitely wasn't going to set them all free for no reason.

Since Emily overheard Taehyung and Namjoon's conversation, she knew how much trouble they were in. At the same time, she was a bit pissed at being in a dungeon the third time since arriving at Vrede. She had flashbacks of the horrible cages of Lucht and felt a shiver run down her spine.

Emily looked around, her line of sight limited due to being in front. Sangdol was nearby, its hooves tapping the ground softly as it walked. You had your arms hooked around Taehyung's waist as your cheek was planted against his back. Taehyung himself was staring ahead but he would gaze behind him every now and then.

Sighing, Emily still couldn't figure out how you and Taehyung ended up kissing. For some reason, she couldn't see any romantic tension between the two prior to the kiss— or maybe the protector was just being overprotective, which was something she was aware of. Still, she was afraid that you'd get hurt again.

Emily heard a growl behind her. She didn't need to look to figure out that it was Namjoon. Truthfully, it was a bit strange to see the earth gem bearer turn... animalistic whenever Jimin needed to be defended. The information of Kern venom living inside him permanently was something the protector would never get used to.

Still, Emily understood. She too would do anything to protect those she loved, even if it meant losing yourself in the process. The cuffs burned her wrists. She hoped that it wouldn't leave any horrible marks on her skin.

"Are we almost there?," Jimin squeaked from somewhere behind. The icy cold silence turned awkward.

Emily was suddenly filled with dread. Although the stupid soldier's death grip on the protector's waist prevented her from turning around fully, she was able to glance behind her. Jimin had a hand raised and was cowering slightly at all the Helian soldiers glaring at him.