23. Mama

"Purk Jamin, move your ass!"

"I'm trying, okay?! I can't help that I was born with a big ass! And God damn it, my name is Park Jimin—"

You stared quietly as Jimin and Namjoon squeezed together in the back seat of Jin's car, to the point that they looked like one person with four limbs with unparalleled lengths. With this, you realized how short Jimin's limbs were compared to Namjoon's. Since there were eight of you now, Jin decided to use his pick-up truck so the others could sit at the back but the two insisted on sitting inside.

Jin was glancing through the rearview mirror with an unamused look, silent as Namjoon and Jimin continued to force each other into the car. "The two of you will exchange faces at this rate. Why don't you be smart, like Jungkook? He chose to sit outside because he doesn't want to suffocate."

"Also because I want to stretch my wings," Jungkook yawned and stretched his arms, unfolding his wings and spreading them out. As he flapped his wings, sending some feathers flying in the air, he was basked by the early morning sunlight. He looked absolutely angelic with his big white wings and blonde hair — no pun intended. "Jin, do we really need to leave this early in the morning? I'm tired."

"We're all tired, Jungkook, and yes we do," Emily answered instead, rolling down the window of the passenger seat and peeking outside. Her brown hair was tied into a bun, long bangs covering her eyebrows, making her look even younger than she really was. This reminded of you of your birthday, which was close, you only assumed because you were slowly losing track of time. "If we don't leave now, we might get caught in traffic and we'll never reach the first plane to Gwangju. You know that we can't afford to waste any time."

After talking it through last night, and with the help of Namjoon's (who was surprisingly a very logical man, despite his low self-esteem) suggestion, the majority had decided to head to the airport and catch a plane to Hoseok's hometown. It was unsure where exactly in Gwangju Hoseok lived but they were willing to take the risk — the first thing they had to do was travel towards there.

You always had a dream of traveling, not necessarily to another country, but you've always wanted to ride a plane and see the clouds from the perspective of the stars — but you never imagined that it would be brought out by a situation like this. Scratching your forearm and silently watching as Jimin finally set his ass on the chair, you wondered what kind of person Hoseok was, hoping that he was a living ball of sunshine and not a psychotic murderer hidden behind a cheeky persona.

"The wonders can sometimes be idiotic... I see," You were cut from your thoughts and nearly burst in laughter at K's comment towards Namjoon and Jimin, Yoongi giving you a look because you were laughing alone. Still, he pulled off a gummy smile, thinking that your flushed cheeks and squeaky laugh was cute.