54. Reminiscing

You were currently in your and Emily's shared room, laying on the bed with sprawled limbs and staring at the lonely lightbulb above

You were currently in your and Emily's shared room, laying on the bed with sprawled limbs and staring at the lonely lightbulb above. There was a silence since you were alone in the room, only accompanied by your own thoughts. Even though you were glad that Jin had reclaimed Tranen with much time to spare, you couldn't be as happy as you should have. There was too much going on for you to feel any sort of joy.

"Your mind is clouded with thoughts of Yoongi," K spoke suddenly, nearly making you fall off your bed out of shock. Turning around, you saw her sitting on Emily's bed, staring at you with hooded and expressionless eyes, hands folded over her lap. "You mustn't feel guilty, Sky. Although, I cannot deny that the break-up was partially your fault."

"Thanks for reassuring me," You replied sarcastically and rolled your eyes before sitting up, both hands ruffling your silver hair. K was still staring back at her, face void of any emotion. Sighing loudly, you yawned and stretched your arms, making your shirt rise to expose your stomach. There was a moment of awkward silence before you decided to speak. "So—"

"You are not that skilled at conversation starters... or at conversing with people, in general," K spoke suddenly, making your eye twitch out of irritation. You didn't think it was necessary for you to be roasted each time she opened her mouth. Although... you kind of felt like you deserved it big time. "You are bored. I suggest speaking to the one person who needs you the most."

You sighed again, knowing exactly what K was trying to tell you. Truthfully, you knew that you needed to clarify more things with Yoongi, since the first conversation you had with him obviously wasn't enough to straighten things. Swinging your legs from the edge of the bed, you craned your neck backwards before speaking again. "K... As much as I'd want to talk to Yoongi, I think it would be for the best for us to not meet right now. I may not be an expert when it comes to social cues but I know one thing. He needs time. I... hurt him. It would hurt him more if I kept engaging with him."

There was a long and uncomfortable silence that thickened in the air until finally, K broke it with an unsurprisingly monotonous voice. "Sky, I was not talking about Yoongi."

It took a moment for you to realize what you said, eyes widening like two large ceramic plates. K didn't say anything and just stared at you, as if expecting an answer but also not. You didn't know what to say, however, since you felt like whatever words you'd say would just worsen the situation. So, you stayed quiet instead.

You couldn't even describe how bad you felt about what you had done to Yoongi. Even though you knew that the best option to not hurt him any further was to break-up with him but paining him was inevitable. You had been absolutely confused with your feelings towards Yoongi that you mistook it as romantic love when it fact it was just platonic love. And you hated yourself for it because you knew how much loved you. The fire gem bearer never failed to show you how much he adored and cared for you.