COMING SOON?

??? Years Later

Taehyung stared at your sleeping figure and gently closed the bedroom door. With pursed lips, he slowly tiptoed across the palace hallway. He took every step carefully and even held his breath a bit.

When Taehyung passed by their room, he froze. For a moment, he contested whether he should check on them or not but then the possibility of waking them up dawned on him. Instead, he continued to tiptoe away.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow when he heard the gem chuckle loudly in his head. "What's so funny?"

"If only you could see yourself, Taehyung," The gem continued to chuckle. "You look like an idiot."

Taehyung fought the urge to roll his eyes. "You know that I cannot risk waking them."

"Then teleport," The gem deadpanned. "If you keep going like this, it will take hours."

Taehyung halted in his tracks and nearly slapped himself. He could not believe that he had completely forgotten that he had the ability to teleport.

"Not a word," Taehyung hissed before the gem could comment. He snapped his fingers and was covered in a thick layer of purple mist.

When Taehyung opened his eyes, he was standing in the palace kitchen. He glanced around the area and smiled after confirming that he was alone. The clock above the fridge ticked— four in the morning.

Taehyung twirled a finger. A batter stained apron flew from a rack and fell on his shoulders. He walked towards the fridge and swung it open. The cold air fanned his cheeks and made him shiver.

As Taehyung grabbed the cake, he heard the gem grumble with a scoff. "That is one hideous thing."

"Do not be judge-mental," Taehyung snapped and carefully placed the cake on the counter. He clasped his hands together. "It does not even have any frosting yet."

Taehyung stared at the cake. It was still in its raw bread form, its round figure slightly slanted at one side. The king poked it slightly with a knife. It was soggy.

"My opinion stands," The gem chuckled. "Also, it is called chiffon. Bread is an entirely different base than—"

"Shut up, smartass."

Taehyung rolled his eyes when the gem continued to laugh. He raised his hand and a knife came flying behind him. It landed right into his palm. The king spun it and slowly started to cut the brea— chiffon's uneven corners.

"Careful there," The gem commented sarcastically. "You would not like an even more hideous cake."

Taehyung scoffed and continued to slice off the cake's sides. "If you are so confident, why don't you do this yourself?"

"Well," The gem paused menacingly. "If that is what you wish."

When Taehyung realized what he just did, it was too late. The gem had already pulled him into the depths of his consciousness. Now he was back on his mind's throne with both of his hands on his face.

"Even after all these years," The gem cracked a large smirk and spun the knife dangerously in his hand. "You are still so easy to trick."

"Just shut up and finish the cake," Taehyung leaned on the throne and sighed. "You better make sure that it's perfect."

"Of course," The gem replied confidently.