94. Battle

Taehyung didn't know what he was thinking— How could he risk the lives of two Helian rebels to safely crash Greta? Now that the Helian thought back to his decision, he realized how selfish it had been

Taehyung didn't know what he was thinking— How could he risk the lives of two Helian rebels to safely crash Greta? Now that the Helian thought back to his decision, he realized how selfish it had been. Other than that, the mere fact that neither Chuu or Yves protested his orders—

Through the corner of his eye, Taehyung glanced at the Helian couple. Chuu looked scared and was hiding behind Yves, who had both of her hands clenched into trembling fists. For a moment, the prince thought about the rest of LOONA and hoped that they were doing as planned.

Truthfully, Taehyung wished that there was another way to do this. He wished that he could save Greta somehow. But the prince knew that it was impossible, that even after fully unlocking his gem, he didn't have power to create a forcefield large enough for the ship or teleport it safely to the ground.

With his hands gripping the captain's wheel tightly, Taehyung took a deep breath. The darkness gem bearer closed his eyes. He could almost his mother's presence behind him. It made him wonder if, like Kiana, her spirit had come back to land of the living to guide him.

"Brother, do not be foolish!," Shay's voice rang in Taehyung's ears and snapped him back to reality. "Staying with Greta as she crashes— We are not leaving you behind!"

Taehyung stared at Shay. She looked like she was going to burst into tears any second, eyes squinted and lips trembling. The prince took a few moments to process the sight of his teary-eyed sister.

Long ago, Taehyung wouldn't have considered this scenario to be possible. His relationship with Shay had been so torn that he was just ready to accept being hated by her for the rest of life. Now, however, he had a little hope. Maybe things could go back to the way they used to be.

If Taehyung were to be honest, he still had no idea how he was going to escape Greta right before it crashes. He couldn't teleport as well as Shay but he could fly. Still, he made a promise to himself— he was going to live.

"Do you really think I'll let anything happen to me, sis?," Taehyung cracked a small grin as the wind blew his hair. "I'll be fine."

Shay didn't say anything, instead she whisked her head around. Jungkook spoke instead, his tone stern yet soft. "Tae? See you later, yeah?"

Taehyung couldn't help but smile back at the bunny grin Jungkook was giving him. "See you later, Kook."

However, the soft atmosphere was instantly shattered by a loud explosion so sever that Taehyung nearly lost his balance. This time, he could feel the floorboards rumble under his feet. Greta tilted deeper.

Taehyung wildly spun the captain's wheel with a powerful grip. Greta tilted back to its original position but the prince knew that it wouldn't hold for much longer.

"Jump!," Taehyung's eyes glowed purple as he gritted his teeth. "Now!"

For a moment, nobody moved. Then Taehyung saw Shay turn back at him with glassy eyes and a small grin. She nodded at the prince once and grabbed both General Jisoo and Chuu (who was clinging onto Yves) before all four of them jumped off his view.