71. Hel

A/N - Here's the celebration of getting my stolen dog back hehe

Massimo didn't trust Taehyung at all, not one bit.

He's heard it all from Shay's daily ranting and knew how the prince had left his only sister behind in the clutches of their abusive father for Macht knows why. He was a traitor, someone who would use anything to his advantage, nothing more and nothing less.

In all his years in Hel's laboratory, Massimo learned what kind of legacy Taehyung had left behind. Lost Prince; it's what all the Helians, whether they believed him to be a traitor or a hero, called him. He had disappeared into thin air with unknown intentions.

Massimo was one of the Helians who had deemed Taehyung as a traitor. During his training, he made it a personal goal to take it upon himself to teach the prince a lesson. The memory of Shay sobbing secretly in the middle of the night made him grit his teeth in anger.

It was still crystal clear, the memory in Massimo's head. He remembered Shay requesting for a team from her father, resulting in the formation of the Great Six. He remembered seeing the rest of the team for the first time. He remembered standing in a row in the throne room as the King of Hel gave them their one purpose, their one goal — Find the wonders. Find Taehyung Bristene and bring back the gem he wrongfully stole.

Yet here Taehyung was now as a member of the Great Six. Massimo couldn't understand why King Michael had simply let the prince back into the kingdom with no consequences whatsoever. It didn't sit well with him at all.

Massimo watched silently as Hel's gates opened with loud screeching. Clouds of dust gathered on the ground, making the bone shards glisten. Once the gates fully opened, a row of Helian soldiers were revealed, each of them bowing down formally.

"The King of Hel and all Helians welcome you back," The general in front loudly greeted Taehyung, who bowed back in a very elegant and formal matter. "Prince Taehyung Bristene."

Glancing at Shay and noticing her expression of fury, Massimo sighed, his hands turning into metal as they balled to fists. He could feel the princess' anger through the aura around her. Seeing her upset infuriated him to the core.

The Helian fighting ship slowly entered the kingdom of Hel, its wings folding in order to not scratch the gates. Massimo watched in silence as the ship sailed across the air. The city was as dark as he remembered, the illumination only coming from the glowing lightbulbs from each house.

At first, Massimo wondered why they entered via the main gate and passed through the town instead of using the forest path behind the kingdom. Then he remembered that Taehyung had given a tip of the wonders possibly using the main gate and that due to them being a few days behind, they'd standby. The King of Hel loved confrontations too. No, he relished it.