34. Reassurance

A/N - Please read the important note at the end!

-

"Sky... Sky, wake up."

You grunted, rubbing your throbbing head as you slowly regained consciousness. The first thing you noticed once your vision cleared was the dusty floor, the metal cold against your palms. Still a bit dizzy, you stood up, confusion hitting you when the whole floor started to wobble and when you grabbed the metal bars of the cage, you finally regained your mentality and realized what was going on.

The air was cold and was lightly hitting your cheeks, your stomach turning queasy when you realized where you were. A tiny rusty bird cage, barely hanging from the tip of a thick root from a floating island. You pressed your hands on your head and tugged on your hair — which was difficult because of the handcuffs — trying to figure out how this all came to be, since your most recent memory was being in the ship, then there was a strong blow on your head and everything turned dark.

"You and the rest of the wonders were captured by Luchtian soldiers, those manipulated by the King of Hel," You jumped in your place at the sudden voice, which caused the cage to rattle violently. Turning around and nearly giving yourself whiplash, you expected to see someone, face-palming mentally when you realized that it was just K, who was still in your head. "The King of Hel... he was smart, pinning Jungkook's wings and knocking out Taehyung. Hoseok was also taken somewhere else. There is no way for you and the others to be granted freedom."

"Are you giving up, K?!," You snarled, pressing your cheeks on the cold metal bars, setting aside your fear and looking down at the great height. "You can't just say that there's no way, there has to be. There has to be!"

K went silent at your remark as you racked your brain, trying to think of a solution. You lost balance when strong wind suddenly blew, making your cage rattle, butt hitting the floor. As your tailbone ached, you noticed something — right to your cage was Jin's and he was inside, screaming at whatever was out of your line of sight. From the distance, you could see the fringes of his blonde hair and his mouth opening constantly.

You stood and shouted at the top of your lungs, calling Jin's name in hopes of getting his attention. However, he was too focused on what he was screaming at, and you were defeated because you knew — he wouldn't hear you no matter what.

So you continued staring at the clouds and somehow, the sight of Jin's cage swinging and the roots above gave you an idea. "...I've got it."

"Sky," K warned, worry lacing her voice, something that surprised you because she was usually very composed. "It is too dangerous."

"I'm the guardian, K. I'd risk my life to protect Emily and the wonders," You stepped backwards and started to kick the door of the cage, hoping that it could somehow break open. Struggling because of the handcuffs and small space, you continued, releasing a grunt of frustration when you slipped and landed on your ass once more.