88. Worry

Jungkook felt refreshed

Jungkook felt refreshed. He figured that it was because Jin literally refilled his life essence but it was strange to be that way around his seemingly half-dead friends. Still, he wasn't really that into the idea of resting in a makeshift campsite just outside Hel's cursed forest.

But Taehyung did have a point. Jungkook knew that fighting against the Great Six drained everyone to their lowest and traveling across the kingdom was too much of a risk. Honestly, he was surprised that the Helian prince suggested it. After all, he was always the more urgent one.

Jungkook thought about life after all this. His lips pursed as he imagined himself as Hemel's king. He thought about a future queen and the possibility of his father pitching various noble women at him to marry. Truthfully, if given the chance, he would rather rule alone.

The image of Kiana watching him from above brought a smile on Jungkook's face. He wondered what she'd think about his thoughts of ruling without a queen. Still, the idea of being with someone who wasn't her—

Jungkook sneezed loudly and scrunched his nose when he realized how dusty his wings were. Reaching deep into his pants pocket, he pulled out a gold with his name etched in gold text it on his handle. Its teeth were made of pointed soft thread.

As Jungkook combed his wings, he scammed the area. Yoongi was laying next to the fire while gently petting Holly. The bright orange flames were reflected on his pale face, yet the fire gem bearer wasn't bothered by the heat at all.

Emily and Jin were hugging each other tightly. Jungkook watched with a small smile as the protector planted a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek. Then he, along with a grinning Hoseok, walked out of the angel's view. They both had weapons with them.

Being reminded of Kiana once again, Jungkook sighed and continued to comb his wings. He was so caught up with his own thoughts that he didn't feel the presence of two men sitting at each side. He only realized that they were when one of them tugged on the feathers of one of his wings.

"Ouch!," Jungkook whined and retracted his wing by instinct. He turned around and was greeted by a wide-eyed Jimin.

"I-I'm so sorry, Jungkookie!," Jimin waved his arms around, his cheeks flushed red. "I didn't mean to pull a feather! I was— just poking it..."

God, he's the cutest. Stunned at suddenly hearing someone else's thoughts, Jungkook turned around. Namjoon was cupping his chin with his hand, a dimpled smile on his face as he gazed at Jimin with heart eyes.

Jungkook stared at Namjoon's dimples and had an internal conflict with himself. Since the earth gem bearer was the first dimpled friend the prince had, he found it interesting. Despite that, one loop of thoughts rang in his mind— To poke or not poke? To poke or—

"Jungkook?," Namjoon asked suddenly. Jungkook realized that he was poking one of his dimples with a finger. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, uh—," Jungkook retracted his hand and started to sweat profusely. He could feel the intense gazes from both bearers. "I, uh—"