24. Air

"So, what's the plan?," Jimin crackled his knuckles, which were now covered with black gloves to protect his skin from getting blistered, directly quoted from and courtesy of Jin

You stared at Hoseok as his eyes twitched, chuckling a bit because of his expression. He stood up, forming a circle with the rest, and you realized that there were six wonders around you, nearly complete, only missing Taehyung... Taehyung. You wondered where he was, after all you only needed him to complete the seven wonders. There was no time that you could afford to waste. "A plan? Are you telling me that y'all waltzed in to save my girlfriend without a decent plan?!"

"Calm down, Hoseok," Jungkook flapped his wing instead of waving a hand, crossing both of his arms over his chest. He puffed out a breath, blowing some strands of his blonde hair away from his face. "Our team is good at forming plans on the spot. Right, guys?"

There was a long silence, ironically disproving Jungkook's statement, before Namjoon finally spoke with a hum, which sounded like he just came up with a very plausible idea, and stood up straight while stretching his arms. "Yeah... yeah I have one."

"Took you a while," Yoongi mumbled, playing with a small flame on his fingers, which flickered as it transferred from one to the other. You stared at him, smiling when he returned the eye contact and smirked back. Staring at his milky white face, you blushed a bit when you remembered the day he confessed, ghosting your fingertips over your lips. You weren't sure what the two of you were right now but still, you knew, you knew that you thought of Yoongi as someone more than just one of the seven wonders.

"Sky...," K whispered and you shivered at how her voice sounded so close to your ear. She sounded sad, as if she knew something... horrible. "Are you really sure about your feelings towards Yoongi?"

"Well—," Frowning because of K's endless doubt, you were cut off by an ear-piercing scream from Jia. She was still in the car, tangled by her seatbelt, preventing her from escaping. The giant purple ogre was now shaking the car, trying to get the poor girl out to eat her, you assumed.

Hoseok looked as if he was going to faint at the sight. Still, he called out Jia's name and stupidly ran towards the ogre, being stopped ultimately by a strong grip from Namjoon. You heard him mutter a my arm will break, let go softly but you weren't sure if that was what he really said.

Namjoon coughed, tightening his grip on Hoseok (who was complaining about the pain), and made a gesture for everyone to huddle around him. Once all nine of them were in a semi-proper circle, he proceeded to explain the details of the plan. "Jin and Emily, the two of you stay with Hoseok and make sure that he doesn't come running towards Jia — unless he unlocks his powers, which will be a big help. Yoongi, Sky, you two will keep the civilians away from the ogre, we don't want any innocent bystanders to get harmed during the fight. Make sure to keep them as far away as possible. Jungkook, stay high in the air, keep the ogre's eyes up, you and I will distract it while Jimin gets Jia out of the car. That's our first priority before we can exterminate it. Oh, and Jimin—"