35. Acceptance

Jin watched from the deck, arms hanging off the side as he stared at the beautiful mix of brown and green colors

Jin watched from the deck, arms hanging off the side as he stared at the beautiful mix of brown and green colors. Even from high up above, you could see the citizens of Lucht flood around Hoseok, who was doing tricks with the air and putting on a show. He smiled, knowing how much the air gem bearer had changed despite their short time together. Compared to the fearful and doubtful man that Hoseok was when they first man, he was now confident, turning into an icon of hope for the Luchtians.

At this time, Jin looked behind and observed the others. Jimin, the only other person on board who had basic knowledge on how to captain a ship, was handling the wheel, with Namjoon, who was handling the statistics of the ship's altitude and aptitude (once again, it proved how the earth gem bearer was the second smartest in the group, right behind Hoseok) after Jungkook accompanied you to the ground — much to Yoongi's dismay because the fire gem bearer wanted to accompany his girlfriend but was told by Namjoon that he had to stay in case the ship would be attacked, after all he had the best offense after Taehyung.

Jin frowned, noticing that Emily was out of his line of sight. Before he could wonder where she was, there was a commotion from below and he saw the Luchtians cheering whilst Hoseok was slowly levitating back to the balcony, since they were next to the castle, angled so they could watch everything. Ah, they were going to leave soon.

"One down, seven to go," Jin nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard Emily, who had actually standing next to him and was also observing. She turned towards him, lips curving into a small smile. "What? It's like you've seen a ghost."

"I just didn't see you there," Taking deep breaths, Jin pressed his hand to his chest and tried to calm his heart. "Were you standing there the whole time?"

Emily shifted her big eyes towards Jin, staring in silence and chewing on her bottom lip. There was a bit of awkward tension between the two before the girl replied, running a hand through her hair. "Yeah... I was."

Jin wasn't a genius when it came to reading other people's emotions — in fact, his Sagittarius horoscope actually states that he was horrible at analyzing people, which was true — but he was more than a hundred percent sure that Emily wasn't in the best mood. Turning away from the scene of Lucht, he leaned his back on the ship's railing and crossed his arms. "What's wrong?"

Emily tilted her head. "What do you mean?"

"It's pretty obvious that something is bothering you, Emily," Jin craned his neck backwards, letting the cold wind blow across his face. "I may not be good at reading people but I can tell that your mood is rock bottom right now. What are you thinking that flushed away the happiness of Hoseok reclaiming Lucht?"

Emily fell in silence, once more, this time staring down at the ground, watching Hoseok waving from the balcony, whilst Luchtians groaned at the idea of him leaving. "What if something is bothering me?"