74. Game

Jungkook sat on the edge of the boat with his legs spread

Jungkook sat on the edge of the boat with his legs spread. The angel sighed and cupped his chin with his hand before releasing a loud yawn that made his head spin for a few seconds. He then leaned forward and stared at his reflection in the water to see his blonde hair and blue eyes.

The others were sitting around a campfire in front of Jungkook, each of them chewing on a skewered flame-grilled fish. Jin was the most uncomfortable about the idea so he ended up cooking some squirrel meat that Olivia had in her satchel. Yoongi was the only person in the group who wasn't eating, instead he was on the ground and was flat on his back, hands clamped over the sleeping Holly on his stomach and eyes closed.

Jungkook noticed how Jimin was just hugging his knees while staring at the ground so he decided to enter his thoughts. He was instantly hit with a chaotic mix of Namjoon, Kaeva and confusion when it came to his feelings towards them both. Since his head was starting to ache as well, the Hemelian left the thunder gem bearer's thoughts alone.

Maybe that's what I get for intruding into Jimin's thoughts; Jungkook told himself. He thought back to when the thunder gem bearer had spoken to his mother on the phone for approximately an hour. It was strange, really, but he respected his friend's privacy to some extent and didn't ask about it or search for the answers through his thoughts.

Jungkook chewed on his bottom lip as the crackling fire rang in the dead silence. His mind wandered until he thought about Taehyung and gritted his teeth. He could not believe that all this time, his supposed best friend had been on Hel's side. It felt like he had been kicked in the ass and had fallen from the highest tier of betrayal.

When the LOONA girls mentioned that some of them would have to sneak inside the palace by attending the royal ball, Jungkook knew that seeing Taehyung would be inevitable. Before, he would have loved to see his dearest friend finally be coronated as the rightful prince of Hel. Now, however, the mere thought of it made him scowl.

"Okay," Yoongi picked up the still sleeping Holly and rolled on his stomach before he sat upright. The fire gem bearer smiled as he placed the dragon on his lap and pet it gently. "Can we get a recap of the plan again?"

This time, nobody questioned Yoongi's forgetfulness.

Namjoon raised a finger as he continued to chew his fish. He swallowed and Jungkook saw his Adam's apple bob up and down on his long neck. "LOONA can't come with us because they're in the palace's watchlist and we'll get caught instantly—"

"We're sorry about that by the way!," Chuu cheered from LOONA's camp, which was just a few feet away from theirs. Yves was asleep, her head on the other's thighs. The girls were eating grilled fish as well.

"As I was saying..."

Namjoon trailed off and stared at Yves and Chuu for a brief moment. Jungkook knew that the earth gem bearer was trying his hardest to not glance at Jimin.